YAMAHA TRIALS BIKE

magnapoxy

Massive torque from zero rpm.   All electric bikes, cars-weed eaters lawn mowers chain saws-ect-ect say carbon netural.  well gee whiz, where does the electricity come from that  makes these things function come from. with the exception of hydro electric- i.e dams on rivers   and necular -however its spelled-  and solar ---  wind.   well if a person hooked up a generator to a stationary bicycle and charges it that way-----lol.  I do hope the best for Yamaha, perhaps this brand will not have the issues other brands have had that were posted here on this wonderful forum in the past--  getting shocked- junk motors & gearboxes-   

It sports 'torque control' apparently

I assume that is to stop the dreaded electric trials bike rear wheel spin when unloaded under power, especially in the wet.

Are you listening EM? 

16 hours ago, magnapoxy said:

Massive torque from zero rpm.   All electric bikes, cars-weed eaters lawn mowers chain saws-ect-ect say carbon netural.  well gee whiz, where does the electricity come from that  makes these things function come from. with the exception of hydro electric- i.e dams on rivers   and necular -however its spelled-  and solar ---  wind.   well if a person hooked up a generator to a stationary bicycle and charges it that way-----lol.  I do hope the best for Yamaha, perhaps this brand will not have the issues other brands have had that were posted here on this wonderful forum in the past--  getting shocked- junk motors & gearboxes-   

I dunno about where you are, but here there's loads of wind and solar power - plus I can pop a couple of solar panels on my roof to get free power.  Sounds better than dragging myself all the way to a petrol station for the privilege of paying 2.50 a liter for high octane E5.

I really can't wait to be able to afford an electric bike!

• Like 1

On  ewe- oops you tube - there was a small electric car with the same size generator strapped to the roof of the car running. looked sorta top heavy.  Also on you tube i saw a hen chicken do something i could not do-- go to you tube and type in - chicken plays panio -pardon spelling-   Americas got talent. - and NO the panio keys are not color coded or they do not light up as some have suggested either.  i wonder- can this hen chicken spell better than i can ????    

If Yamaha are doing it then it’ll be right. It’s the second version and they will be doing top level competition with it, not messing about. EM will certainly need to have a close look. 

On the EM pure race I rode, if you lit the rear up it mud it re gripped if you backed off and kept a steady throttle. It worked well I thought. Very well. 

I wouldn't mind an E-Bike, however I just can't justify one that has that much carbon fiber when I know how bad I have a tendency to crash mine already.  And that isn't taking into account that I like to trail ride my trials bike and so would have to keep a petrol one around as well and don't have funds for a second bike at this stage in my life. 

Cool that they have one though.