3mm offset washers

dan williams

I’ve ordered another run of the 3mm offset clutch washers. Gonna have to charge for these as I gave away the last batch and it’s expensive to give away custom parts.I figure $35 for a set should cover my cost and postage in the US. I’ll have to figure out a payment scheme. Not gonna give them to a dealer to sell this time. Tried that last time and he just gave them away and everyone said what a great guy he was for giving them free parts. 😬

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dan williams said:

I’ve ordered another run of the 3mm offset clutch washers. Gonna have to charge for these as I gave away the last batch and it’s expensive to give away custom parts.I figure $35 for a set should cover my cost and postage in the US. I’ll have to figure out a payment scheme. Not gonna give them to a dealer to sell this time. Tried that last time and he just gave them away and everyone said what a great guy he was for giving them free parts. 😬

I think I got the last set the dealer had & you certainly helped me out with a handful of flat-head allen screws. Since the Evo 300 (and possibly Evo 250) already come with the red anodized 1.5mm offset clutch spring retaining washers; I've had good success using (3) 1.5mm offset washers; along with (3) 3mm offset washers you designed. Clutch pull is relatively easy and no noticeable slipping in higher gears.

Edited by wheelieman14

Beta offers clutch spring retaining washers that are flat, without any recess on spring pre-load on Evo 200, but also builds the Evo 250/300 models with retaining washers that are 1.5mm offset on one side and flat (no offset) on the other. Dan designed a 3mm offset washer; which used flat head allen screw to replace the OEM Evo clutch parts and can significantly reduce the amount of pressure needed to operate the clutch at the clutch lever. IMO, this is a much better solution than removing 2 of 6 clutch springs (which will most likely cause the clutch to slip in higher gears).

On 3/29/2022 at 10:50 AM, dan williams said:

Dan,

Do these come with the bolts as well?