French 4 Day Trial And Hi

jonhaw1982

Hi all

I'm new to the forums so hi all, i just got back into the sport last year after a 6 year lay off so glad to be back in the swing of things.

Well i was at the east yorks two day last year and a couple of lads were talking of a french 4 day trial didn't catch all the conversation, so can anyone help answer a couple of questions? . . .

When is the event?

and How do i get Regs?

Thanks for your help

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

We've been fancying going to the French 4 days so I've downloaded an entry form but I've got one or two questions if anyone can help? The major thing is that it states that under 16years have to ride a 50cc bike, is this something new or has it always been the rule? I thought there were quite a few British kids that have ridden this event in the past. Also what licences do we need? It mentions on the entry form - Bike's grey card, assurance testimonial, driving licence and medical certifiacte. We've ridden European Championships before but it wasn't as complicated as this! Is there camping on the start field or do you have to find a camp site somewhere close by? If someone turns up on the day are they likely to be able to get an entry or is there no hope, I only ask this because there is one of our party who is unsure whether he will be able to get time off work and doesn't want to spend 100 euros on an entry and then find he can't make it. Any help whould be much appreciated.

There is a campsite nearby (two) and last year my pal camped at the sports field 100m from the start. I also have the number of the best <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> about 4 kms from the start, great place to stay if you don't mind spending a few euros for a soft bed and showers morning and night (hot) home cooked food etc. Insurance certificate required for bike acu licence for competing DVLA licence as well, oh and lights that work and kill button.

I would "suggest" a younger member of your party "age" somehow before you get there, dont think they know about the encoded birthdate on the licence. Very little roadwork mainly tracks in the forrests etc.

pay when you get there send entries in with no money they are cool about that and take you on trust but don't abuse it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, any info needed on the 4 day in sardent and send me a pm and i will probably be able to find it out for you seeing as its my club :lol: Also we have a <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> which is 10-15 mins away from sardent, it took me 20 mins on my scooter so about 10 in the car :) We also have lots of space to store bikes overnight ect, and my dad is motorbiker so im sure you could speak to him about cleaning ect :) Check it out @ Le Petit Lac B&B