Graphics peeling…

rr62

2021 4RT. The pointy bits (if you have one you’ll know) of the graphics are lifting. Only a tiny bit. What’s the best remedy and/or glue? Obvious option would be superglue but I don’t want residue which is impossible to remove!

Any ideas much appreciated.

Be very careful about using any kind of glue on graphics, many glues cause them to melt.

The best way I've found is to thoroughly clean the back of the graphic (surprisingly, you can use a little petrol without it removing the glue) and then simply use a hot air gun/hairdryer to reattach the graphic.

Hello,

The best way i have found is to use spray adhesive, ( No nonsense contact adhesive, by a well known building material supplier £4.38).

Peel the sticker back until you get a clean bit, then remove any dirt with brake cleaner or similar, I scrape the muck away with a blade. If its just the edge, spray some adhesive into the lid and then get a cotton bud and dab it on the sticker, wait 30 seconds, then press down firmly and you're done, any excess can be cleaned up with brake cleaner.

If its a big area of sticker, either take the whole thing off and spray straight from the can, or leaving it half attached, cover all surrounding areas and spray onto the sticker and wait 30 seconds and press down.

My stickers have been stuck down for over two years now.

• Like 1

Other than using a spray adhesive called Supper 77 here in the US I do it the same as peter_steer.

PS. If I can't find the adhesive spray I have also had some luck with a bit of careful use of brake cleaner and some heat but it dose not last as long as the Supper 77 in my opinion. 

Edited by jonnyc21

• 5 months later...
On 4/24/2022 at 9:21 PM, jimmyl said:

Have you an alloy stand as in 301

seems to sort it

I did exactly that with mine, the standard one is useless my bike fell off it twice! 

I bought the full kit 300rr off Mickey Oats motorcycles from there web shop, it’s a great improvement!

1 minute ago, Nigelpugh said:

I did exactly that with mine, the standard one is useless my bike fell off it twice! 

I bought the full kit 300rr off Mickey Oats motorcycles from there web shop, it’s a great improvement!

I thought I posted a thread and pictures about fitting it, but perhaps I didn’t! 

here’s some pics as I fitted it.

7DF6AE35-E2EC-4BD4-BFED-A15C9B73EE92.jpeg

6A26C292-10FC-4BA6-B564-829050A1B95D.jpeg

77B4E615-3FAE-4E9C-9BCE-B920991AF1B4.jpeg

6A724348-99FE-4210-A11B-E64C9BECD90F.jpeg

58A998B3-714A-48E2-ADE8-7D3A225EC2EE.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 9:31 PM, rr62 said:

Great post - thanks Nigel. Will def look at this as the stock stand is a total pain!

You are welcome chap!

Let me know if you need any help with fitment once you get it, it’s lot exactly straight forward! 

On 10/8/2022 at 11:31 PM, rr62 said:

Great post - thanks Nigel. Will def look at this as the stock stand is a total pain!

I really like the Mitani sidestand solution on 4RT myself, as light as a feather yet the bike stands like a rock stable on it, nothing fiddly about it, even on a softer ground. Also goes more nicely "out of the way" without being vunerable and works partly as a swingarm protection too compared to other sidestand mods I've seen on Montesas - it's vastly superior IMHO.

(Accordingly) not cheap though! :)

Edited by tsiklonaut