Bultaco 199A & B Colour Codes

midgy

Had a discussion with a number of Bultaco experts some time ago about possible  shades of Bultaco blue. It ended  "there is only one known Bultaco blue from factory". Different shades of blue seen on old colour photos is possibly due to agening photos. This is good for me unless someone has different and more correct information.

My remark is RAL5015 suits well (or perfect) and it´s easy to find https://www.ctborracha.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/3-RAL-to-Pantone-Conversion.pdf

Edited by carl ekblom

9 hours ago, carl ekblom said:

Had a discussion with a number of Bultaco experts some time ago about possible  shades of Bultaco blue. It ended  "there is only one known Bultaco blue from factory". Different shades of blue seen on old colour photos is possibly due to agening photos. This is good for me unless someone has different and more correct information.

My remark is RAL5015 suits well (or perfect) and it´s easy to find https://www.ctborracha.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/3-RAL-to-Pantone-Conversion.pdf

Bultaco used many German standards but produced their bikes due to the Spanish tax regulations,
Like the strength of their bolts, the Bing carbs build by them and as told I painted two bikes in RAL 5015 and where told both times that is the right color, still it shades a bit depending the brand.
I think it worked out very good. First photo of the pair is original, the second is rebuild a rebuild.

First 2:
175 Sherpa in summer 82 and in summer 83 refurbished.

Second 2:
2x 340 Sherpa when pulled out of a garage in 2009 and later refurbished:

175'er Bultaco Sommer 82 03.jpg

175#er Bultaco 01.jpg

100_0643-2.jpg

Sherpa 199b 01 20-09-2015.jpg

• Like 1

I’m just about to have my 199B painted and would love to know what the correct colours are .

I recall that back in the day legend had it, that Bultaco painted the Forks and the Top & Bottom Yokes in Finnish Blue  and the rest of the 199B (Tank and Side Panels) were finished in RAL 5015. Bearing in mind we received the 199B with a Polypropylene (Plastic) Tank here in Ireland and not the Homerlite metal Tank.

Edited by model80