Where am I going wrong ?

cub200

Am I missing something about TC.

I cannot find any 2022 world trials results or SSDT daily results on Trials Central.

Yes I'm old and past it these days but why  has it all got so difficult.

If I go into the SSDT website all they have is up to 2019 results and yes I do know there has been a pandemic happening for the last two years.

Can anyone put me on the right track for the SSDT results at least please.

TIA

The SSDT website is excellent as are the videos posted on it - def worth a view as some really good filming which really shows just how tough the SSDT is. Well done all!

11 hours ago, cub200 said:

Nobody has answered my question, why is there no comments on TC about the Pre65, SSDT or World rounds, does someone else have a monopoly ?????????.

As Turbofurball says, it all seems to have migrated to the Club or District FB pages or other Forums, certainly the case up here in Scotland. I think the news feeds are posted up by the clubs etc, so if they've moved on to their own platforms then it seems there is no longer a centralised outlet which TC once was.  

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:35 AM, johnnyboxer said:

Dougie L won again, for the 13th time

Good rider💯

Some controversy around it though, seems he had some questionable scoring aimed in his favour. Shame that such a well respected and talented trials icon has to resort to "bending" the rules. There is nothing left for him to prove, he is the most and undoubtedly the greatest trials rider GB has produced and possible one of just a few in the world. He has lost some of my respect due to the antics I witnessed at the SSDT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Intotrials said:

Some controversy around it though, seems he had some questionable scoring aimed in his favour. Shame that such a well respected and talented trials icon has to resort to "bending" the rules. There is nothing left for him to prove, he is the most and undoubtedly the greatest trials rider GB has produced and possible one of just a few in the world. He has lost some of my respect due to the antics I witnessed at the SSDT. 

Unless you were in that section where the Observer was, then it's hard to tell exactly what happened

Camera angle, may tell another viewpoint - as we viewed all have viewed it on social media, may not be a true representation

Still, DL's winning margin was more than a maximum penalty, so irrelevant to his win

In the SSDT there is a fair degree of latitude (plus benefit of the doubt) to all riders, by the Observers and as long as the same consistency is maintained to all riders, then in my book it's ok (SSDT Observers have a hard enough job, made more difficult  -  especially with camera phones)

After all.......... it's not like the Open or Wimbledon where the winner is taking a £1m paycheck for winning the event

I think Doug rode very well, all week and maybe his determination and 'will to win' makes him come over a bit too focused in the sections, but you can't blame him

I had a long chat with his Mum, last week at a group of sections and we spoke for a couple of hours - it was a great insight to the family and how 'down to earth' they really are

Edited by johnnyboxer

17 hours ago, johnnyboxer said:

Unless you were in that section where the Observer was, then it's hard to tell exactly what happened

Camera angle, may tell another viewpoint - as we viewed all have viewed it on social media, may not be a true representation

Still, DL's winning margin was more than a maximum penalty, so irrelevant to his win

In the SSDT there is a fair degree of latitude (plus benefit of the doubt) to all riders, by the Observers and as long as the same consistency is maintained to all riders, then in my book it's ok (SSDT Observers have a hard enough job, made more difficult  -  especially with camera phones)

After all.......... it's not like the Open or Wimbledon where the winner is taking a £1m paycheck for winning the event

I think Doug rode very well, all week and maybe his determination and 'will to win' makes him come over a bit too focused in the sections, but you can't blame him

I had a long chat with his Mum, last week at a group of sections and we spoke for a couple of hours - it was a great insight to the family and how 'down to earth' they really are

I have a lot of respect for Doug, his late father and his immediate family. I have spoken to all on many occasions and know how decent and down to earth they all are. This is why I'm a little disappointed from what I witnessed, oh and it was not just one occasion by the way. I agree it may not have made any difference to the overall result and also if the observer is consistent with all, then fine also. My point was the win would have (in my opinion) been more well received should the controversial actions not have taken place.  There is one thing getting a relaxed decision from a friendly observer, but to blatantly "bend" the rules and put an observer under pressure is not very sporting at any level be it professional or amateur. In fact one could argue that at the amateur level where clubs rely on volunteers and the prize for winning is more about pride than possession, then surely a more "sporty" attitude should be taken? 

• Thanks 1