TRS 2021 250 E Start quits when riding

trshelena

I have a TRS 250 2021 e-start and when riding it will just quit like it

runs out of gas tank are over ¾. It is very random. Had it happen twice

in two days when I was at a competition. Have jetted and adjusted

float. Thinking is more of an electrical problem. Hope you can help.

Does it quit when it's just idling or does it stall under load? I have the exact same bike. I've noticed that the e-start seems to stall at lower rpms. I turned up the idle some and it doesn't seem to stall as much. Based on my understanding of the design, the e-start should not increase the flywheel resistance once it's disengaged. Nevertheless, it sure seems to do that IMO. 

Bike_Breaker thanks for getting back to me.

I do like to run my idle high It stalled on me when I was making a left hand turn around a tree on flat ground.

And other time just after I climb over a rock and made a right hand turn. I did put a thicker base gasket on the head

to help on the lower end torgue. When I go to give it gas it sounds like it's out of gas I'm sure you know the sound.(LOL)

There have been reports of gas tank vent valves sticking. The valve is in the gas cap:

image.thumb.png.2b0683a8ae85b8ea32b9f6739d0c8173.png

Loosen the cap next time it happens and listen for air rushing in. Some riders remove the ball and install a conventional check valve on the end of the vent tube.

Tank vent.jpg

Edited by stevec

17 hours ago, stevec said:

There have been reports of gas tank vent valves sticking. The valve is in the gas cap:

image.thumb.png.2b0683a8ae85b8ea32b9f6739d0c8173.png

Loosen the cap next time it happens and listen for air rushing in. Some riders remove the ball and install a conventional check valve on the end of the vent tube.

Tank vent.jpg

Thanks I'm going to try this I'm just going to get the vent tube. I have a Bernie Schreiber training class in 3 1/2 weeks will be a good test and I'll let you know.

Hmph.  I have just left my carb at the shop for an ultrasound clean and did not think about the fuel cap.  Quite a bit on the AV link (thanks Steve).  On the plus side I found the throttle cable needed replacing.  Also in fairness to the man at the shop he suggested checking the fuel cap and tap filter.

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2022 at 1:04 PM, trshelena said:

I have a TRS 250 2021 e-start and when riding it will just quit like it

runs out of gas tank are over ¾. It is very random. Had it happen twice

in two days when I was at a competition. Have jetted and adjusted

float. Thinking is more of an electrical problem. Hope you can help.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 2021 300 and it stalls more frequently than any other trials bike I've owned. I've played with air screw and idle speed without any real success. I've considered heavier flywheel or adding mass. Has anyone tried this or really found a solution to this problem?

Phildirt