Can you retrofit hydraulic clutch?

jmvar44

I feel like this question may have been answered before, have searched all over and can't find an answer.  I apologize if this has been addressed before.

I think the 2020 models were the first ones with the available hydraulic clutch.  Can this clutch be retrofitted to 2020+ models that did not have the clutch initially like the lite and the sport models?

If so, how much should I expect something like this to set me back?  I am very mechanically inclined so I would do the work myself.

Thanks

I suppose that you could, but I imagine it would be VERY cost prohibitive. Lots of parts involved.

With that said, as good as the clutch is, I hardly ever use it. As you develop greater throttle (rheostat) control, you can actually ride the technical stuff more precisely, and smoothly, by avoiding the added complication of trying to modulate a clutch. The motor will turn as slow as you want.

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 9.45.25 AM.png

On 5/17/2022 at 3:51 PM, dgshannon said:

I suppose that you could, but I imagine it would be VERY cost prohibitive. Lots of parts involved.

With that said, as good as the clutch is, I hardly ever use it. As you develop greater throttle (rheostat) control, you can actually ride the technical stuff more precisely, and smoothly, by avoiding the added complication of trying to modulate a clutch. The motor will turn as slow as you want.

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 9.45.25 AM.png

It would require a complete power unit including the motor. The primary drive on Lite and Sport  is a belt so the motor turns forward. On the Race it's a spur gear so the motor turns backwards. Presumably it would also require a different controller too.