Bultaco do you see the differences

larry s. k.

This restored ? Is in my opinion questionable the same bike ,, model 480510 sold as easy rider bike on bohamas auctions , do you see the differences , and on other side it has mk2 up pipe exhaust   ,, I working on 48 engine ,  and started looking for  a frame , some one  on line said it was a copy , and not the original , ridden by Fonda ,  , so I found clip on handle bars , chain guard , front wheel hub , spokes different , fork tube  has brake tang , seat , little torn ,  ,, and if mk3 why mk2 exhaust up pipe , 

4A3CC13C-9F00-4620-A087-D16C5991DFEC.jpeg

D6270E38-1B89-45AF-8F98-7464035A170F.jpeg

It wouldn't be the first Bultaco that has had the forks and front wheel fitted the other way around.

Looks like the one from the movie has a different diameter front wheel.

How long do you reckon it would run for with the fuel hose touching the cylinder fins and check out the brake pedal position. Pretty sure no-one rides this bike.

It’s came out of museum  the red restored ,  and sold at auction , for big bucks , like years ago ,it’s suppose to be the same bike , ya front wheel looks like maby 21 inch other  ,19 inch , fuel line very close cylinder , , thanks feetupfun 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, larry s. k. said:

It’s came out of museum  the red restored ,  and sold at auction , for big bucks , like years ago ,it’s suppose to be the same bike , ya front wheel looks like maby 21 inch other  ,19 inch , fuel line very close cylinder , , thanks feetupfun 

18 inch , not 19 ,,wheel 

59 minutes ago, motovita said:

You're right, that looks like a bottom pivot kick lever on the original. I've never seen anything like that.

The kicker in the movie photo is a standard top pivot kicker. It is the S shape design though which is standard for that era and different to later (straight) kickers

• Like 1

Thanks for info feetupfun , I was looking at the lower frame  , around lower motor mounts , ?  Is it a model 42 or 48 ,, I thinking it’s a 42 frame , , can barley see it , ,, don’t see a front tube ,in front of lower motor mount , what you think 

2 hours ago, larry s. k. said:

Thanks for info feetupfun , I was looking at the lower frame  , around lower motor mounts , ?  Is it a model 42 or 48 ,, I thinking it’s a 42 frame , , can barley see it , ,, don’t see a front tube ,in front of lower motor mount , what you think 

I can't see in there either

I look and looked , it’s different must be a 42 , , what info I  found there was 2 Bultaco’s , , a spare if other did not start ,  no photos or frame numbers for other  , there was papers invoice for the 480510,  pictured on line , by there studio ,, you know ,some times ,, wrighters , make up stories , on hear say , , , and there very good at it , , that what they do , a little fantasy ,  make things interesting ,, feetupfun , thanks for looking 

Just wondering which bits are supposed to be original?   The more I look, the more I see different.  Tank, seat, front wheel, hub, forks - the list is endless.  Should have kept it original and not messed about with it. 

I have a 2022 TRS that was also used in the film and ridden by Fonda, McQueen and Elvis too. $100,000 and it's yours! 

Edited by stpauls

It’s all good , stpauls , don’t think it’s original bike , , ,, sold for original ',,,,,,,,,  I just started looking , my interest , rebuilding a model 48 bultaco pursang engine , I just purchased on flee bay   ,it’s all there   ,, going to do a crank berings install ,,replace , ? , cylinder piston seals , , doing a lot of , cleaning , it was shipped from  los vegas , , has old stile clutch side covers , on both sides , maby post a picture ,today ,  ,,, ho just purchased  engine on my birthday  ,,, fo me a new bul project ,,,, YA ,,,cheers

59 minutes ago, larry s. k. said:

It’s all good , stpauls , don’t think it’s original bike , , ,, sold for original ',,,,,,,,,  I just started looking , my interest , rebuilding a model 48 bultaco pursang engine , I just purchased on flee bay   ,it’s all there   ,, going to do a crank berings install ,,replace , ? , cylinder piston seals , , doing a lot of , cleaning , it was shipped from  los vegas , , has old stile clutch side covers , on both sides , maby post a picture ,today ,  ,,, ho just purchased  engine on my birthday  ,,, fo me a new bul project ,,,, YA ,,,cheers

031AE388-82AD-4A6A-BCAD-E354877CBEA2.jpeg

594DA5E9-156B-46AC-8BFF-FAD146A58B75.jpeg