minimum requirement to use road registered trials bike on the road

15 hours ago, crankcase said:

how do the scottish six day riders manage it?

No huge number plates there?

I guess I can use the GPS speedo app on my phone if needed.

They stick a full sized number plate on their backpack, Police seem to turn a 'blind eye'

I guess - if you "take a chance" - it will be down to the individual copper that stops you.  Some are OK, many are not.  Some hate motorbikes of any type.  Some care about crime and might be interested to see if the bike is stolen as it falls outside of their normal experiences.  Some will be just plain wrong and try to pinch you for no lights or some other issue.

Personally I would try to fit a proper full size plate and use a bracket that can be removed easily when you get to the off road bit.  I found a bracket that did that on ebay, but it was a bit cheap and cheerful so not very good.  Maybe fabricate something?

Whatever - just expect hassle.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

Im looking at registering my new off rd bike.

Its 2 months old now i bought it with zero miles brand new from a dealer. Its now got 16 miles on it.  Im aware i need to fill out a v672 (as i dont have a certificate of newness)  along with a v55/4 form. I have proof of purchase etc however will i still need to do a nova application? And also do i need to provide proof of minimum ground clearance? And do i need a day time M.O.T before i send the forms off? 

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks