Arbuthnot Trial

brian0304

i asked my old man who had done it several times, and he said realitly a lot. checking out the supplementary regs for this years it does say you'll need to do 50+ miles (need to check) to make the first petrol station

The Arbuthnot varies in length, usually between 70 and 80 miles, although one year we did 90. There are no garages on the route, but there is a trailer which will take your fuel can to the lunch stop at the golf course. We always have lunch in the club house with a pint, then oil chains, refuel and a quick check over before setting off again. You need a good air filter if its dry, most of the distance is on old drovers roads which can be very dusty. Its a great day out,lots of nice bikes and a very friendly atmosphere.

• Like 1

The regs for this year say that they’re unable to do the fuel drop so the route has been modified to pass a garage. I was planning to do it on trials gearing ( tall 4th) and just wanted to try and find out if there were many proper roads en route ( I don’t want any !)

thanks 

as i understand it, it is like a long distance trial, with byways and road work but minor road not dual carriageways - they are nessecary to link up the byways. my old man does it on a trials sidecar, many other ride trials bike

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, brian0304 said:

The regs for this year say that they’re unable to do the fuel drop so the route has been modified to pass a garage. I was planning to do it on trials gearing ( tall 4th) and just wanted to try and find out if there were many proper roads en route ( I don’t want any !)

thanks 

It varies every year, but even the bits of main road we have used in the past are very quiet with little traffic. It really isn't a problem.

• Like 1