No Spark !

Scotch750

Hi there, I'm brand new to the trials scene. Did have a go 40 odd years ago 😳. Come back again and started to have a play 😁

Any road up, I have a beta rev3 200cc 2002 bike and all of a sudden I have no spark at all. Have shook a few wires and nothing.

It happen before, checked the coil. No probs. How do you check a stator ?

Cheers Scotch.

Don't know how to actually test stator by measuring resistances etc but if no loose wires or bad earth and spark plug is good, plus you've tested the coil, or tried another that you know is working, then it will highly likely be the stator. The rev 3 is well known for stator packing up.

Westcountrywindings have done a good job of a refurbed stator in the past, worth ringing them

On 6/20/2022 at 9:23 PM, timdog said:

Don't know how to actually test stator by measuring resistances etc but if no loose wires or bad earth and spark plug is good, plus you've tested the coil, or tried another that you know is working, then it will highly likely be the stator. The rev 3 is well known for stator packing up.

Westcountrywindings have done a good job of a refurbed stator in the past, worth ringing them

Thanks for the reply Timdog. Will keep trying 🤔

• 6 months later...

10 hours ago, robbiep123 said:

Hi on my beta I lost the spark it turned out to be the wood ruff key no sheared but moved out of groove not much but enough to stop spark, Jhon lee sell stators for betas, could be a loose flywheel fingers crossed.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back.

Haven't checked the woodruff key yet, as it's come back to life. After wiggling the wires ? !

It's only happened twice and that's after I've washed it down. When it's dried it works again ?

Cheers Scotch.