Beta Tr32 clutch problems

MontyRadtke

Hi,

I've spent the last few weeks restoring an old beta Tr32. I’ve got the bike going but there’s a couple of issues so I’m looking for some advice. 

The main issue is that the clutch will not engage/disengage very well. There seems to be no order in which the gears shift and It’s very hard to find nutral. Somehow you can change gear without pulling the clutch lever and sometimes I cannot get the bike out of gear once it’s going!

the other major issue is that sometimes the throttle seems to get stuck and the bike revs like crazy. 

any advice on what may be causing these issues would be much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, MontyRadtke said:

Hi,

I've spent the last few weeks restoring an old beta Tr32. I’ve got the bike going but there’s a couple of issues so I’m looking for some advice. 

The main issue is that the clutch will not engage/disengage very well. There seems to be no order in which the gears shift and It’s very hard to find nutral. Somehow you can change gear without pulling the clutch lever and sometimes I cannot get the bike out of gear once it’s going!

the other major issue is that sometimes the throttle seems to get stuck and the bike revs like crazy. 

any advice on what may be causing these issues would be much appreciated. 

It's normal to be able to change gears without using the clutch.

Your clutch needs attention to get it to release properly.

It's normal to have trouble finding neutral with the motor running if your clutch is dragging.

Sticking throttle can be a problem with the cable or the throttle slide. A revving engine can also be a sign of an air leak into the engine.

As feetupfun said, lots of your situation seems normal, your clutch probably needs some new clutch fluid and bleed? some new transmission oil? and some adjustment? Is there a sticking throttle cable? a sticking carb? or a routing issue with your throttle cable?