Lobito 175 one spark only

jofritz

so, time fore some short update...

followed all advises so far, cleand everything, carb, egnition, relocated a new condensor under the tank, cuted all cables 1cm to have them nice and clean, got spark first try, reasambled, push-started the bike and got it running for some first rounds in the garage๐Ÿ‘

had some noises, I could track down to the chain, due to a tensioner malfunction. But some noises came from the cylinder... some kind of ratteling... I might just see, if that will be ok after some time running and having the carb adjusted...

updates will follow ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by jofritz
  • Like 1

ย 
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the Lobito is running! Noises are not so bad after all after fixing the chain tensioner... do not hear so much from the top end ๐Ÿ™‚

I can kick start after tickeling, however, after opening up the petcock fuel does not seem to really stream out of the fuel tank... rather dripping out. When the engine is running I have kind of a hard time keeping it running. Quick and short action with the throttle revs her up (sometimes), once reving higher, I can drive, an it feels normal, powerwise (actually quite perfect). After slowing down it requres again quick and short action with my right hand. Now I had the idea to take her on the track, to see if things are sorting out after driving some time. On the other hand I don't want to harm anything fragile which I could avoid doing some thinking first or ask someone who has a better idea and knows what could cause the trouble...

Thought about the carb or petcock...

Would appreceate any ideas!!!

Edited by jofritz

ย 
  • 3 weeks later...

So, anyone got any better ideas than taking her for a ride?

Purchased a very beautyful Magura kill switch... just to make sure: black cable from magneto split and lead to kill switch, and than ground on coil bracket? Thanks guys...

Opened other question/topic about wiring my Montesa "colorful cables"

Someone might know and could help me...

Edited by jofritz

ย 

trying it the last time felt like the Lobito has lack of fuel, as after tickling it ran for some time. So I checked with an external fuel supply bypassing the fuel tank and the petcock on the Lobito and with that setup the bike runs perfectly fine, reacts directly on slitest and quickest movements with the throttle.

I will take off the petcock and check for obstacles... any better ideas out there?

ย 
ย 
  • 3 months later...

Hi there... have a good and peaceful year 2023!!!

progressing slowly, thought many times: "thats it..." but won't run properly. So I got a new petcock after having a look in the net what thread should be used... came up with M12x1,5. After some modifications on the petcock I wanted to try... but as you know... it just allways takes some extra time, which is just not available that much. The petcock doesn't fit, Can it be a M10x1,5? I have attached a pic to have a look... probably someone knows anyway,

Joachim

Bultaco.jpg

ย 

Why not clean the existing tap ?ย  Beneath all that green-coloured rubbish in the slotted part of the tap (shown in the lower part of your pic.) you should find a fine mesh screen. Wash it out/ blow it out with an airline, if available. Try using a carb. cleaner aerosol, maybe.

ย 

well tried that... ultrasonic cleaning... still not clean, so I thought it just might be better to change it and keep the old one to really take care of it and change it back after restoration and after the bike runs reliable...

ย