Electric trials bike

Meg

Hi, pls can someone help, my sons getting an electric trials bike, he’s age 7, cannot find what the law is for riding this on public land? Ie what are the repercussions if caught? Points? Penalty on our license? Slap on the wrist? Thanks! We will go to official sites but also need to know the law generally

an electic motorcylce is still a motorcylce.

In the UK you would be breaking many laws, if you at the very very least did not have the land owners consent. so on land owned the the state (MOD base, forrestry commison, schoolplaying field, the park, etc) require their permission to use. converslly if privatly owned you still need the landowners permission.

easisest offence to be done under is police reform act 2003, section 59 - very easy and light on paperwork for the police to seize the bike. personally i like driving without insurnace (6 point and fine even if you don't have a driving licence), aggrevated trespass, etc - i'm sure you could if you tried hard come up with half a dozen offences.

• Like 1

But then here in Australia our local police have told kids who were going round and round their garden and p****** off the neighbours to just "disappear out into the bush where you're not annoying anyone". Illegal on multiple counts, but sensible given the alternatives.

All comes down to the copper doing the catching in the end.

2 hours ago, turbofurball said:

And here in Spain as long as you're not being anti-social in some way, and avoiding places with tourists, you can do whatever.  People near me ride stuff like motocross bikes to the pub and back without worries.

Blimey. Wouldn't get away with riding a motocrosser to the pub or anywhere else for more than two minutes here in blighty.