Honda XL250 S - 23" front tyre

Elliot1954

Search for CST - I think they are the only ones available.  My XL250 was stolen and I still miss it but the tyre size was a mistake by Honda.  There are some other wheels that can be fitted I think, but I need to find the thief first 🙂

https://www.tirendo.co.uk/product/R-268204?ID=aff_rdt_uk_awin&Country=TUK&Country=RDTUK&ID=aff_rdt_uk_awin&awc=15112_1659258560_5eb95c682d4aff7f2d905faacfaefe26

Bridgestone UK came back and said they no longer make the tyre and any for sale around the world are old stock which will not be replaced.

Vintage tyres - tried them a week or so back and they said they are out of stock.

Have sent Classic Red in France an email to see what they say about availability.

CST is just Cheng Shin rebranded slightly.  The 23" rim might have been a good idea that Honda experimented with, but nobody else seemed to have adopted it. This was around the same time that Michelin brought out some odd-sized rims for cars like 365 and 390mm I recall; that idea also didn't go anywhere.

The Bridgestone TW9 seems to be available in Canada as well https://fortnine.ca/en/bridgestone-tw9-trail-wing-dual-sport-front-tire

If I still had mine I think I would look at whether you can find a set of decent forks and a disc brake set up that would fit.  The problem with that is the bike is then not "original" and they appear to be worth a small fortune.  Certainly enough that you could sell one and buy a CFR with the money.  Shame.  I really liked mine and have great memories of it.