Bultaco front wheels

larry s. k.

Wheels,,,  all three of these wheels are bent , don’t know what to think dirt bike used equals #  , always check front wheel , up in the air spin around ,  c k , , and I purchased some tires on flee bay , new , shrink is one brand will never purchase again  2 tires deformed , upon installing   , was 50 $ dollar tire new , both same brand deformed ,, upon installing  on rim ,, think there made in  Asia  Taiwan ,, , if I do math that 3 new tires cost 150. USD deformed , upon purchase flee bay , $ and having problem  with  bent rims ,,,,,, fk fkfk,,,,,, ,  some of these are for my mk 4 mod 68 pursang , it runs , ,,,,,, CHEERS

9D00945C-25F2-4CD3-BE13-AF187F2226AA.jpeg

Well cheap stuff has a price and that is quality.

It is the same issue with very cheap bicycle tires these are too often uneven in production. 

I personal buy tires from my workshop and the workshop has to mount them too. It might cost 20 €  more but mot to change the tire myself and too being sure to get quality stuff is worth the money in my opinion. 

I can't see clearly from the photos, but are you sure the tyres are seated on the rim correctly it looks like the bead might still be off the rim and in the centre depression. It's common with off road tyres that they don't want to come back on the rim properly and you have to deflate soap up the bead then reinflate even as high as 80PSI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, teamferret said:

I can't see clearly from the photos, but are you sure the tyres are seated on the rim correctly it looks like the bead might still be off the rim and in the centre depression. It's common with off road tyres that they don't want to come back on the rim properly and you have to deflate soap up the bead then reinflate even as high as 80PSI

...and be very careful at 80PSI, air can be very scary...

Hi all , I carfually installed with dish soap water ,add air , drain air , go to 20 psi  ,ck , then 25 psi , to 35 psi , , I  must have purchased a run of bad tires , on sale  mf Shinko ,,,,,there all over ebay , looks popular brand , well , one bubbled near valve tem , and would not seat on other end ot tire , one of other tires just would not seat  ,, and pull up ,, these two where  Shinko ,,,,the other brand is kenda , it just made a buble near stem area , ,, very mind blowing , all new tires from ebay , there were on sale 50$ usd each ,  I working on building a 121 pursang , have looking in my used parts  front wheel , upon checking , , installing spinning each , , just found more work , like rebuilding a new front wheel , , trials bikes , I sure are very hard on front rims , go up creaks full rocks pot holes ,  guys thanks for the tips , cheers 

60FFCF69-08C5-4A41-BE1E-5DC61A5D846D.jpeg