Beta 300 ss..what's it like

timdog

I've only been riding twinshock in last few years but I'm looking to Get a modern bike again. I've had 2 beta 300 4t and really like them but in the past I had a 2015 250 2t. Just want something for the trials my old bones find too much on the TLR. Id thought of returning to 250 2t but there is a 300ss going. Can't find much written about them other than the technical spec. Does anyone have any side by side experience of the 300ss v the 250. Cheers

9 hours ago, totty79 said:

I've only had a quick go on two of them, but it was back to back with my 250. I didn't think they were that different, daft little things like bar position and a sharper back brake stood out way more than the engine difference.

That`s because if you are in the U.K. the bikes come with a heavy flywheel. The rest of us the bikes have more zip!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, lineaway said:

That`s because if you are in the U.K. the bikes come with a heavy flywheel. The rest of us the bikes have more zip!

Isn't the UK spec the 300SS that timdog is asking about? The more lively ones everyone else gets doesn't have the SS in the name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UK suppled bikes are SS spec. Clearly, they are a touch livelier than 250, but grip is phenomenal, & easy to ride in tricky going. They will pull away from nothing & not stall. Check it still has flywheel weight, slow throttle & consider dropping a tooth at front if you want to slow it down a bit . As ever with a used bike. Condition / maintenance is paramount. I was a 250 fan, & am now a 300 convert.      

• Thanks 1

Thanks for replies, yes it's specifically the super soft not standard 300. I heard the torque is excellent without trying to pull my arms off which I don't need. It's the pulling from nothing that I love about the 4t but wondered how it felt compared to the 250.

Didn't realise it but since 2017 all 300 betas are ss UK spec

Edited by timdog