Why?

NoTraction

Some bikes just suit you better, it’s as simple as that. None of us will ever outgrow the capabilities of a modern bike, they’re all way better than we are! Suspension set-up and fine adjustments will always improve a bike to your own personal liking but it’s horses for courses, if you don’t try other brands you’ll never know what suits you best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisCH said:

Can you have a word with my missus?

😆 I'll try mate but I've not got a good track record with my missus! I've resorted to not telling her when I buy a new one but then having the invoices sent to my old mans address! Few years back I switched from a beta to a repsol mont, couldn't be more different, the mont is bright orange but she didn't even notice! 😆

• Haha 2

i ride a gasser, but i have to say if you watch the world rounds and what you can do on a 125 or even a 200, i can guarantee you're not hitting those caps.

the older 125 lads are around 12 stone and are hitting 6ft plus rocks in their final year

youll notice the gasser maybe smoother but itll also be quicker on the harder bits and get away from you faster due to being more powerful. every bike has pros and cons

youll be surprised what the small bikes can do.

Id put the suspension and carb settings to completely standard maybe a few click off on rebound to make it less bouncy and put hours and hours in.

dont be scared to crash or rev it.

re beta parts, my gassers absolutely butchered with trick bits, certainly doesn't help (hasnt helped me) until you at a level you start snapping frames...

there's riders at british rounds on 250/300 betas with stock suspension, there's no need even on club-level expert sections to have modded bikes unless you have an itch to scratch with it... 

Do love gassers tho....

• Like 2

One of those then… I haven’t really tried tuning the set up so I’ll have a go at that before spending out… again… just in case I regret swapping. The Gasser belongs to a mate though and he’s told me I can ride it as much as I like so I think I’ll be trying that! Funnily enough, he commented on how much he liked my Beta!

4 hours ago, Hughie said:

One of those then… I haven’t really tried tuning the set up so I’ll have a go at that before spending out… again… just in case I regret swapping. The Gasser belongs to a mate though and he’s told me I can ride it as much as I like so I think I’ll be trying that! Funnily enough, he commented on how much he liked my Beta!

That happens that way sometimes. I think when you trade sometimes you concentrate more, try to get a feel for it and it then works out. You lose your bad habits for a moment 

Edited by brianrch
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2022 at 3:15 PM, lineaway said:

Are you sure it was not a gearing issue. The Gassers usually come geared a little tall in first.  Of course the Gas Gas bikes always felt the best in the parking lot.

Hi , i change gearing from Gassers....!!!