Gas Gas Or Beta

badass76

Hi i curently ride a 2003 Gas Gas TXT 250 Edition and am considering upgrading to either a Pro or a Beta, i used to have a Techno 250 but had a lot of problems with the electrics and had to purchase a new ignition unit.

could you please tell me if the problem has been resolved on the current Beta's

Edited by badass76

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just bought an 04 beta, sooo easy to ride dealer said 04/05 had had problems with stator they had done 8 in 3 years ( not a lot). promised to replace mine for cost of parts if it went wrong.

had it in bits this weekend to understand what goes where and so that i dont have to find out on the middle of the moors and its simple, easy to take apart and put back togehther.

having given it a couple of days of use i would not want my money back!

dont think the betas have been sorted herd 1 person at trial said he had to put new ignition on after 3 trials use but if you want a bike that will rev then get a gasser but if you want a grippy torquey bike then go for a beta i personally prefer a gasser to a beta

At a national trial near me (The phil king)

Most of the expert riders were on betas and damn good riders they were as well and they all finished!

Near me its the other way around, gas gases wont startand betas will. at the start everyone with a gasser is frantically kicking away and my BETA starts second kick every time :blink::P

Why do you think saunders switched from gas gas to beta (i think the oil importing stuff was a cover up, really he wanted to go to beta coz theyre sooo much better) ;)