Gas Gas Or Beta

badass76

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how biased is this going to be as you put the question up in a beta specific forum? anyway the no1 bike is most defintly the gasgas!!!!!!!! theyr'e lighter than the beta's, i think theyr'e cheaper, you can get better aftermarket parts for them, basicly they are the best! :blink: i mean come adam raga, jeroni fajardo, alexz wigg. gasgas has a repuation of only the best riders for the best bikes!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ned1

agree with ned1 if you whant a honest opinion don't put the subject in a Beta forum, i have a gasgas 125 and love it easy to flick etc. betas are just as easy to flick about as they've got great suspension. try one out for yourself.

Jim and Micheal Browns bikes are from the Top Trial Team so there not exactly standard. the after market parts on gassers are excellent though

Edited by north_yorkshire_lad

Im in the market for a new bike a the moment and out of all the 04s/05s ive ridden, i find my friends Gas Gas 250 (was a 300cc but changed barrell) the most fun to ride, it has loads of grunt, but after a few trials on a new barrell and piston its already rattling, hes constantly got problems with it and the bike is starting to look quite tatty, (at the moment every time he rides at a wet/muddy trial the carb fills up with crap) Ive ridden a 200cc Beta which is ok, but its not really as... aggressive as my 99 200 was also i just cant ignore the dodgey Italian electrics, thats why iam in the market for a Scorpa and a Scorpa only, ive ridden an 03 and 05 one, the 03 one was lovely with low down pull and with the 05 one i was so worried about the fact the bike wasnt quite right and id driven for miles to buy it, i didnt really think about how it rode. Its your choice, it depends what you like, but iam sure after a few trials you will get used to whatever you choose, hence why i would go for the Beta, because i cant afford for bikes to go wrong on me.

Edited by Nitjay - HRC

Yes there are coz i sold one on there a while ago :blink::P

I had a go on a 06 125 gasser and they are sooo light but i found it hard to get traction on unless you lean really far back, also a nasty hole has worn in the exhaust so i bet thats gonna be expensive!!

I posted this on the Beta Forum because i want to hear from Beta riders,I would love to have a Beta but feel that the electrics would let me down as they have done in the past!!!!

is the problem solved ????

or should i stay with my reliable Gas Gas???.

personaly i have had no problem with the Gas Gas but i like the Beta but dont want to spend money on replacing the ignition system when it fails!!!.

will not Beta accept responsibility for the constant failing electrics on there bikes, as i feel that there would be a larger market for them if they would.

why cant they copy existing designs used on current Manufacturers.

why do Beta riders put up with this problem.

:blink::P;)

why do Beta riders put up with this problem.

:blink:  :P  ;)

I'm a Rev 3 rider and I put up with the original stator failing because:

1 The original stator has now been rewound locally by a place I trust to have done a much better job than the original and it didn't cost much.

2 Beta Rev 3s are great to ride ie they suit my riding style.

3 It is better to ride a bike that you know has a couple of easy to fix problems than to ride one which has many hard to fix problems.

If your Gas Gas has been reliable and you like riding it, why do you want to change?