Gas Gas Or Beta

badass76

badass76 Posted Yesterday, 11:58 PM

I posted this on the Beta Forum because i want to hear from Beta riders,I would love to have a Beta but feel that the electrics would let me down as they have done in the past!!!!

is the problem solved ????

beta riders do not have to put up with this problem, Ifyou have a failing stator, contact John Lampkin Imports with the frame no etc & they wil send a new one FOC, as long as it has'nt already been changed, which is un-likely as the new ones are faultless.

What year of bike are you considering buying? Only the 2004 bikes had a serious problem with the stator, 05 & 06 bikes hav'nt got a problem.

As far as build quality is concerned, I don't think you can compare the Beta with a Gasser, the Gasser engines are spot on, its just the rest that lets them down, but they are a lovely bike to ride.

Hope this helps. :blink:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I appreciate that the original poster's intentions were genuine, but...

JUST STOP IT, OK?!? ALL TRIALS BIKES ARE GOOD. THEY ALL HAVE THEIR OCCASIONAL LITTLE PROBLEMS BUT THEY'RE EASILY SORTED IN ALL CASES. THE RIGHT BIKE FOR YOU IS WHATEVER BIKE FEELS RIGHT FOR YOU.

Jeez, this is worse than the OS wars over on slashdot.org...

my mate has just got a new 06 beta 125 and he got it home and the following day he went practicing and he said it was rattling a bit so he took it back to bvm and got another one and he said this one rattles a bit so it may be a problem with the new beta's. It look the dogs dangly bit though very good looking bike.

This is getting ridiculous.

my mate has just got a new 06 beta 125 and he got it home and the following day he went practicing and he said it was rattling a bit so he took it back to bvm and got another one and he said this one rattles a bit so it may be a problem with the new beta's. It look the dogs dangly bit though very good looking bike.

There's no problem with the new Betas. It's the cluch/primary gears vibrating. They all do that.

Isnt the frame on a gasser meade out of old table legs and stuff then welded by a monkey? LOL.

Beta all the way, gassers are crap.

Thank you for your obviously well researched and carefully reasoned input. Go you.

Andy, someone, put this thread out of its misery.

:blink: Like Neon said CHOOSE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!! ITS FOR YOU SO YOU CHOOSE !

You dont buy a house because someone else thinks its good do you ? Or you dont buy a new car if you dont like it but someone says they are good. I know i wouldnt ...use your head and think next time ... :P