Carrying extra fuel!

Cota300rr

Hope this was the right forum to post. Wondering about auxiliary fuel tanks and what everyone does to carry extra fuel? Two of my buddies have the Acerbis auxiliary tanks strapped to their front forks. I like the idea but also don't want to lose my headlight, especially as we are coming into night riding season. I do a fair amount of trail riding with my bike and last week I ran out of gas just about back to the truck. 

Other option I was looking at were the Giant Loop Armadillo fuel bags and strapping one to the fender or something. 

Has anyone got a good solution for this, what do you do? Cheers! 

When I'm planning to get a ways from home I pack a 750ml fuel bottle in my camelback. I don't like the idea of fuel sloshing around up on my forks even if the auxiliary tank empties first. I can dump my fuel bottle in before I run out to ditch some weight and I don't mind packing some water and a few basic tools. When riding with my kid I pack two bottles and the weight really isn't that noticeable.

• Like 1

I do mainly single track on my txt, actually all I do is single track on my bike lol.

MSR fuel bottles or w/e brand fuel botte you want. I prefer the taller bottles vs the wide as they fit better in packs. On my 300 a single fuel bottle will give me approx 1-1.5hrs of riding.

Acerbis tank would be my last choice. It puts weight high up on the steering and pushes the COG toward the front of the bike. I'm also not a fan of auxiliary fuel lines.

Armadillo bags look good, if giant loop has a sale on black friday this year, I'm going to grab one of the 1gal bags to try.

The best part is spending 2 hours in the garage trying to figure out how to carry / strap it down. HAHA 

GL

• Like 1

I have a Sherco, with the 2.8L fuel tank it goes a long way, lol.  For going longer I take a 1L PE plastic bottle in a backpack, the further I'm going the less trials-y riding I do though so at that point I usually just take a trail bike instead, lol

When I get around to sorting out the TY175 I'm probably going to put the original tank & seat back on, that lasts for ages when trail riding.  They're easy to swap with the skinny Majesty tank (4 bolts in total).

• 5 weeks later...

8 hours ago, ossabc63 said:

Hello here what i use and works great.  I can carry 1 litre of fuel and a litre drink, spare clutch lever, cell, wallet, bike Reggie, tools. It’s comfortable and the quality is awesome. Bought from outlaw trials. 3FC309FA-58B8-42AE-8869-6BBDB0E91E12.thumb.png.9f9d2f0cdce3f1c031478b2edc68e0f8.png

I like the shout out to Outlaw Trials! We are lucky to have Dave and Outlaw Trials local, he is a wealth of information. If you want to learn some cool motorcycle stuff, follow his blog!

• 1 year later...