Alpina 213 shocks

mick annick

Hi all

I need to replace the rear shocks, I’m staying with Betor for originality but their website lists black springs for the 213, but the originals were chrome. They do list others for earlier Alpinas with chrome springs with the correct length and mounting size, but will they fit? I have tried their customer service but no help. Inmotion list the same shock for all Alpina models soI guess I should be OK…

19 hours ago, mick annick said:

Hi all

I need to replace the rear shocks, I’m staying with Betor for originality but their website lists black springs for the 213, but the originals were chrome. They do list others for earlier Alpinas with chrome springs with the correct length and mounting size, but will they fit? I have tried their customer service but no help. Inmotion list the same shock for all Alpina models soI guess I should be OK…

You'll need to say which Betor shocks you are referring to if you want fitment help on here

18 minutes ago, feetupfun said:

You'll need to say which Betor shocks you are referring to if you want fitment help on here

Fair point, the chrome spring ones, 340mm centres, are listed on the Betor website as 9340CGMC and for the Alpina 85, 137, 165 & 187. For the 213 the part number is 9340 - hang on, I’ve just check again and since Friday the part number on the website has changed!! It’s now the same as the others but is 10€ more!

I’m confused…

This is my honest opinion.

Inmotion have been working with Bultacos for several decades. They know what they are talking about. Have a look at their shocks. They are very Betor lookalike.

My guess is that  Sherpa shocks can do equally well as Alpina shocks assuming they fit well and you have no intention doing motocross or extremely hard riding.

Mount the Betor with the cylinder facing upwards and the tighter wounds of spring also facing upwards in order to keep the unsprung weight low.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carl ekblom said:

This is my honest opinion.

Inmotion have been working with Bultacos for several decades. They know what they are talking about. Have a look at their shocks. They are very Betor lookalike.

My guess is that  Sherpa shocks can do equally well as Alpina shocks assuming they fit well and you have no intention doing motocross or extremely hard riding.

Mount the Betor with the cylinder facing upwards and the tighter wounds of spring also facing upwards in order to keep the unsprung weight low.

I’ve known Dave since the mid 70’s, we rode schoolboy trials together :).  I’ve had a response from Betor today, apparently all their Alpina shocks are the same, it’s only the spring colour that changes. I only do mild greenlaning on it so no great stress.