TX311/TXR312

dozerash

I recently picked up a TX311 frame, exhaust, rear suspension etc. I just bought a TXR312 last night in need of a lot of work. What are the differences between the two models (besides rear brake and shock)? The frames look similar except for extra tabs on the 312 for shock, extra mount on mid muffler. On my 312 the shock is leaking oil, bearings are bad. Has wrong muffler. The 311 swingarm, shock,  suspension bearings, frame, exhaust are all good. Thanks

4CD27028-2554-443D-8679-5DCDC90CE1A6.jpeg.01c91d179962dde8eefc141293e456b8.jpeg

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

• 10 months later...
On 2/24/2023 at 9:39 AM, pschrauber said:

Did all went as expected or did you found any special issues?

As I have a 312 too I'am curious about how the build went on?

My TXR312 is still in progress. I’ve found all the parts for the engine. Wanted to do something different for the air filter, with no luck. Climber airbox is a lot different and won’t fit. Need to find the stock air filter. Need to find a shift lever too.

Edited by dozerash

On 1/18/2024 at 6:25 PM, dozerash said:

My TXR312 is still in progress. I’ve found all the parts for the engine. Wanted to do something different for the air filter, with no luck. Climber airbox is a lot different and won’t fit. Need to find the stock air filter. Need to find a shift lever too.

If you have the inlet the remaining stuff sculpturing a foamfilter is easy. I can sent you template shaped forms of which you can sculp and assemble your own filter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 6:41 AM, pschrauber said:

If you have the inlet the remaining stuff sculpturing a foamfilter is easy. I can sent you template shaped forms of which you can sculp and assemble your own filter.

My air boot is in bad shape. At the Tryals Shop we tried several airbox/air boots and nothing came close to working. There is a guy on facebook that reproduces them but is out of stock. I wish I could make my own. 

IMG_2441.jpeg

On 1/18/2024 at 6:25 PM, dozerash said:

Hi, a Climber airbox will fit, just heat it up and with little work you can arrange it, I did it on a TX311

On 2/7/2024 at 11:26 AM, zisko62 said:

Hi, a Climber airbox will fit, just heat it up and with little work you can arrange it, I did it on a TX311

Nice TX311! Do you have any closer pictures of your climber airbox? What did you use for an air boot? My original is no good. How do you get to the air filter/top of air box? The sub frame is in the way on mine. Thanks

Edited by dozerash

On 2/7/2024 at 11:28 AM, zisko62 said:

sx.thumb.JPG.c8a02416c2fa9578afcb45f5bb403bc9.JPG

Looks like your air boot mounts perfect with the Climber airbox! I would really like more information on this modification. Thanks