Is 2021 GasGas TXT 300 any good?

robson

The old question 4 stroke v 2 stroke 

it will be down to personal  preference and what you feel most comfortable riding

if you have a chance to spend an afternoon on both that may sway your decision one way or the other.

i personally prefer 2 stroke and currently have a 2021 GasGas 300 , [ So i am a bit bias ] 

But looking to swap it for a Vertigo Nitro having rode one a few times lately and felt very comfortable on it.

the Montesa is a lovely bike excellent build quality, I do think GasGas isn't to far behind in regards to build quality

I don't know what level you compete at but you may wish to fit a flywheel weight and slow action throttle to the

GasGas just to smooth out the power delivery. 

Sorry that i can't be more helpful  

IMG_4655.JPG

• Like 2

no, no this is not about 2t vs 4t just wonder if Gas Gas is any good today cause never had one :) 

part accessibility, reliability etc etc.  I heard e.g they had issue with the frame in the past 

wonder also if TXT version has good enough components? like brakes, suepsnion, rims etc

Never had an issue with getting parts ,

apart from consumables i've never really had to order any parts [ So far ]

it has been very reliable never let me down

As for an issue with the fames , i know there was an issue a long time ago with the early Pro models 

but not not with the frames they have been using over the last decade or more.

Can fault the braktec brakes i find them very efficient

the 2021 GasGas will have an Ohlin shock 2015 to 2019 had Rigers in both more than capable of coping with

anything right up to BTC level of sections.

maintenance is essential with all suspension set up's if you do your maintenance it will work as intended.

and will extend the life of the components.    

• Thanks 1

2021 is a good bike. I like mine a lot and I feel like any extra money spent on a "better" model would have been a waste.

The 300 motor is strong, very strong. I can see why most riders would prefer a 250 but for trails the 300 does a good job.

2021 is last year of the ohlins suspension for the txt in US. UK still gets the reiger shock. 2023 models have the tech shock.

I'm not a fan of the frame change and the use of the aluminum supports on the new ktm/gasgas version. I'm sure from an engineering stand point it's better but the solid tubular frame on the older models just looks sleeker.

The pegs are not gusseted as much on the newer ktm models either and they stepped away from the S3 pegs which are great pegs imo.

KTM is def doing good for gasgas and their SX/Enduro bikes but the buyout only lowered the quality of the trials bikes. My .2c

3 hours ago, agiow said:

The old question 4 stroke v 2 stroke 

it will be down to personal  preference and what you feel most comfortable riding

if you have a chance to spend an afternoon on both that may sway your decision one way or the other.

i personally prefer 2 stroke and currently have a 2021 GasGas 300 , [ So i am a bit bias ] 

But looking to swap it for a Vertigo Nitro having rode one a few times lately and felt very comfortable on it.

the Montesa is a lovely bike excellent build quality, I do think GasGas isn't to far behind in regards to build quality

I don't know what level you compete at but you may wish to fit a flywheel weight and slow action throttle to the

GasGas just to smooth out the power delivery. 

Sorry that i can't be more helpful  

IMG_4655.JPG

Unless you put red plastics on that bike it's a 2020.

2021 came with white plastics and red accents.

300.jpg

Edited by UG_ALLSTAR

thanks guys,   I placed an order for Gas Gas 300 text Racing model 2022 cause they have it on sell with great savings so couldn't resist.

Will be brand new in the box so I will have to  "uncork" it by myself, I hope it's not so difficult :) 

Edited by robson
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

As said both great bikes the gas gas is a lot lighter in feel and physical weight but the Honda a great bike, owning a few gas gas bikes now KTM parts seem to be hard to come by anything older than 2015 I struggle. Monty’s parts seem to be easier to get hold of a good price.