Just discovered this part of Trials Central

LaVern

Hello every one. I have been registered for a while now, but I never fully explored the Forum sections. Very nice to find manufacturer specific postings. I have several vintage trials bikes. A 1975 Suzuki RL250 which I purchased new. Also a 1975 Honda TL250 that I received from my cousin, who was the original owner of that. I didn't restore them but did "recondition" them. I presently also have a 2008 Honda CRF150F which I bought because my knee does not like the kick starter.  At the present time I am working on  restoring my son's 1977 Yamaha TY250. He wants to "restore"  not just paint it and make it look pretty. I will be more than likely looking in here for help and information on my latest project. If I can figure it out, I will put up several pictures of my Suzuki and Honda after I reconditioned them. And the Yamaha as it is as I start to work on it. I know the TL doesn't have trials tires, and the Suzuki has a few dents in the tank plus the front fender is raised. Thanks for reading my post.

IMG_20220828_135753134 (1).jpg

IMG_20220831_162745192_BURST000_COVER (1).jpg

IMG_20210829_172708316_HDR.jpg

Re-worked seat right side.jpg

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

• Like 4

Liking the MX/Enduro tyres on the TL. My very first trials bike as a wee lad (way too small for the bike) was a TL125. I just used to tear round the local woods and fields on it, I'd have loved those tyres back then. Me and my mates were obsessed with "spudders"  the bigger the better!

• Like 1

TurboFurball,   Thanks for the compliments I appreciate it.   Intotrials,The tires make the TL a good "trail bike", especially for a 5' 4" 71 yr. old person like myself. Not a racer but a good trail bike. The suspension lacks what modern bikes have, but the reason we went with the trials bikes back in '75 was because the off road bikes at that time were getting taller and taller, making it harder to ride in the woods. My 2008 CRF150F is tall enough to be a problem for me if I get myself in a position where I have to put my feet down on a slope.  Also since those pictures were taken, the original kick starter on the TL  has broke and several attempts to have it welded have failed. Now there is a lever from a XL250 which is shorter making it harder for my knee to start it. The shorter straighter lever of the XL250 also won't clear the foot peg unless it is folded up out of the way.  Thanks for looking and replying.

LaVern

• Like 1