Claimed weight not accurate?

PNWer

4 hours ago, PNWer said:

No, that's why I'm asking if anyone else has weighed theirs.

But thanks for telling me about a bike I'm not asking about.

That reply to a response to your question sounds a bit unnecessarily aggressive to me; You mentioned your bike but the question wasn't specifically about that bike. The point about calibrating scales was a good one - I have found that our digital bathroom scales are not even close to the scales that my wife uses at work (she is a GP), which are calibrated regularly. I hope you find the answer you are looking for.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lineaway said:

You guys are too nice. You cannot use a bathroom scale to weigh a vehicle! Ha! Ha! 

Sorry, let me pull out my calibrated motorcycle scale I keep in my garage... Again, no ____ it isn't calibrated. That's why I'm asking.

Yeah, it's probably off, but I weight within a pound of what I weigh at the doctor, so for the bike to be 8 pounds off seems excessive.

Again, same question that no one has answered, but everyone loves to comment on. Has anyone else weighed their Epure bike?

5 hours ago, PNWer said:

Sorry, let me pull out my calibrated motorcycle scale I keep in my garage... Again, no ____ it isn't calibrated. That's why I'm asking.

Yeah, it's probably off, but I weight within a pound of what I weigh at the doctor, so for the bike to be 8 pounds off seems excessive.

Again, same question that no one has answered, but everyone loves to comment on. Has anyone else weighed their Epure bike?

NO I have not !!!!!!! got better things to do than weighing it like riding ! 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, markparrish said:

That reply to a response to your question sounds a bit unnecessarily aggressive to me;

I quite agree with that. No need for that attitude IMHO.

17 hours ago, lineaway said:

You cannot use a bathroom scale to weigh a vehicle!

Can't see why not, although to be accurate one needs to ensure vehicle is level. i.e. a platform of the same height as the scales needs to be placed under the other wheel.(and as others have said, the result will depend on the accuracy/calibration of the scales.)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lsv said:

I quite agree with that. No need for that attitude IMHO.

Can't see why not, although to be accurate one needs to ensure vehicle is level. i.e. a platform of the same height as the scales needs to be placed under the other wheel.(and as others have said, the result will depend on the accuracy/calibration of the scales.)

Bought 4 x 35st digital bathroom scales, weighed, then adjusted the corner weights of my kit car.

Worked a treat and they're bang on with the weights :)

• Like 1

I'm lucky to work with calibrated vehicle scales on hand, but bathroom scales would be good for light things if you know it's accurate ... it's best to weigh the whole bike at the same time though, otherwise some variables are going to throw the result off, so three scales would give the best results (one for each wheel, one for the side stand) but two with the bike as upright as possible would be pretty close.

After I weighed my bikes once I didn't really feel the urge to do so again, I have no idea what my TY weighs now, just that it's under 85Kg since I swapped some stuff - it's not like knowing the weight changes how it rides, lol ... but I can understand the urge to check the weight.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 9:40 AM, markparrish said:

That reply to a response to your question sounds a bit unnecessarily aggressive to me; You mentioned your bike but the question wasn't specifically about that bike. The point about calibrating scales was a good one - I have found that our digital bathroom scales are not even close to the scales that my wife uses at work (she is a GP), which are calibrated regularly. I hope you find the answer you are looking for.

Leave him alone, I'd be very angry if I had an electric bike too.

• Haha 2