removing carburetor on 300 txt?

robson

Yes, tank and the rear mudguard / airbox assembly needs to come off. 

If you have a trials bike it's a good idea to know how to strip the whole bike down and how to service a carb (not hard to learn with some patience and access to youtube).  What are the differences between the carb you have and the one you want?  Are they a different size, or is it just needle / jet change?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, faussy said:

Are you regretting buying a bike in the crate yet?

not really, I will get to know bike better in the process of assembly besides it's winter. I saved some money as well because of that.  I stripped down my 2t enduro sherco many times so it cannot be that hard with trial bike.

2 hours ago, turbofurball said:

Yes, tank and the rear mudguard / airbox assembly needs to come off. 

If you have a trials bike it's a good idea to know how to strip the whole bike down and how to service a carb (not hard to learn with some patience and access to youtube).  What are the differences between the carb you have and the one you want?  Are they a different size, or is it just needle / jet change?

they look a bit different, size similar. Road legal one has 2 cables coming off it, racing one only throttle.  jets probably different as well,   When I remove it I will post pics.  

1 hour ago, turbofurball said:

There's only a handful of people in the whole world who can ride to that level, and they practice full time - I'm happy to just squeeze a bike through places where an enduro bike won't fit, (which is a lot of tracks around here, lol)

are we talking trial or trail riding  here ?   as i or a  = makes a lot of difference on bike set up and how you ride  

2 hours ago, turbofurball said:

There's only a handful of people in the whole world who can ride to that level, and they practice full time - I'm happy to just squeeze a bike through places where an enduro bike won't fit, (which is a lot of tracks around here, lol)

I think you're wrong.   There are many people with great skills on trial bikes. BTW buying trial for trails is a waste IMO.   I'm surprised on trial forum such opinions, but that's not the topic here.

Number of people who can hop a trials bike up 7' in the air?  The guys in the world championship can do it, just.

As for "trail riding" and "trials riding", I live a stones throw from where Toni Bou grew up.  Montesa, Bultaco, and the Sherco factory aren't very far away.  There's a reason.  However, I was talking about trials riding in this instance - if you can get an enduro bike through a trials section then, as someone who managed to snap the frame of my EC250 while trying those sorts of shenanigans, you have my upmost respect.