side stand folds by itself ?

robson

9 hours ago, robson said:

Thanks, looks like in the drawing but cannot identify that smal steel plate with one hole, it was in the package along with spring and the bolt 

pic below, what is it for?

IMG_20221201_004043.jpg

Take a look at the bottom triple clamp. there may be a locking mechanism for locking the forks in place.  A type of theft deterrent. I think that plate replaces the locking mechanism.

19 hours ago, robson said:

no, this plate came along in one bag with spring and bolt for side stand.

Just take a second look at the lower triple clamp, throttle side.  The 3 parts may have been packaged together for convenience, not necessarily for install location.

I have one on my 2015, my previous 2003 had the hole in the clamp and a hole for the bolt but the plate was not installed.

image.png.b8c62ee2b19bba35cc13add1c39fd0ba.png

Edited by zippy
Better photo - zoomed in
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zippy said:

Just take a second look at the lower triple clamp, throttle side.  The 3 parts may have been packaged together for convenience, not necessarily for install location.

I have one on my 2015, my previous 2003 had the hole in the clamp and a hole for the bolt but the plate was not installed.

image.png.b8c62ee2b19bba35cc13add1c39fd0ba.png

Yes, you are right, that's the cover plate for key lock in triple clamp :) thanks

Side stand is working now properly, need to replace also on ebolt provider cause longer spring was rubbing on.

BTW looks like you have same bike, do you remember were there any free hanging wires/plugs under the tank. near the regulator?

I am almost done with setup and ready to fire it up but not sure about two plugs which are not connected anywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robson said:

Yes, you are right, that's the cover plate for key lock in triple clamp :) thanks

Side stand is working now properly, need to replace also on ebolt provider cause longer spring was rubbing on.

BTW looks like you have same bike, do you remember were there any free hanging wires/plugs under the tank. near the regulator?

I am almost done with setup and ready to fire it up but not sure about two plugs which are not connected anywhere.

You're welcome.

I do have a 2015 GasGas 300 Race, the photo I pulled off the interwebs is of a 2022.

But they should be very very similar.  I purchased mine used, so it was all set up for competition, none of those extra blinkers etc.

I will try to remember to look under the tank tomorrow, if I remember correctly there are 2 plugs that are not connected to anything.  I will try to confirm.

7 hours ago, zippy said:

You're welcome.

I do have a 2015 GasGas 300 Race, the photo I pulled off the interwebs is of a 2022.

But they should be very very similar.  I purchased mine used, so it was all set up for competition, none of those extra blinkers etc.

I will try to remember to look under the tank tomorrow, if I remember correctly there are 2 plugs that are not connected to anything.  I will try to confirm.

thanks, I know there is one diagnostic cable but besides this one, I got 2 free left - 1 single wire and second dual wire plug. Both near the regulator. 

13 hours ago, robson said:

thanks, I know there is one diagnostic cable but besides this one, I got 2 free left - 1 single wire and second dual wire plug. Both near the regulator. 

I popped the fuel tank off and poked around a bit.  I have not owned this bike long or did too much maintenance on it due to multiple injuries. (yes I am making excuses and whining)

I did not see any unconnected plugs under the gas tank.  There is quite the mess of wires under there.

I must have been thinking about the 2003 when I mentioned two plugs not connected.

My 2015 was produced prior to KTM buying GasGas,  the 2022's are made after KTM bought GasGas. So there is a possibility of differences in wiring etc.

Sorry I couldn't help with this part. 

Edited by zippy
Clarification

14 hours ago, robson said:

Thanks Zippy, not a problem, will try to fire it up tomorrow and we'll see :) 

they may add some extra things after KTM took over indeed, e.g. related to euro emission BS

let  us know how she sounds

and congrats on the new bike