Bike heating

Declan

Hey guys, 

My friend has a Sherco 125 2016. I’m 14 and I have a 2011 TTR-125. Two very different bikes, I know. We have a stretch of land and a bush track in the making. The track is a 1km round trip and is mainly flat, good fun to ride on. My friend comes round to ride, (we used to ride my sisters peewee 50, but we finally decided we are too old) and he brings his bike. However, after every trip, he stops and waits for his bike to cool down. Not sure if he is over worried, if he is in the right or if we shouldn’t take it down at all. It’s a capable bike, 2 stroke, but he paid a lot for it so he doesn’t want to damage it. I know you can buy seats for these so it makes me wonder if he is overreacting. Any advice is super appreciated!

Thanks guys

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

Hey guys, 

My friend has a Sherco 125 2016. I’m 14 and I have a 2011 TTR-125. Two very different bikes, I know. We have a stretch of land and a bush track in the making. The track is a 1km round trip and is mainly flat, good fun to ride on. My friend comes round to ride, (we used to ride my sisters peewee 50, but we finally decided we are too old) and he brings his bike. However, after every trip, he stops and waits for his bike to cool down. Not sure if he is over worried, if he is in the right or if we shouldn’t take it down at all. It’s a capable bike, 2 stroke, but he paid a lot for it so he doesn’t want to damage it. I know you can buy seats for these so it makes me wonder if he is overreacting. Any advice is super appreciated!

Thanks guys

It depends on how hard the motor and brakes are being pushed on the Sherco. Cruising on flat land should be OK to ride continuously but if you are racing around then it may overheat the brakes and/or the motor. If the fan cycles on and off while riding then it's not being overheated.

• Like 1