The new ACU website.

stpauls

There's a warning on Richmond MC website and Facebook page advising members not to renew at the moment as the Sport 80 system has issues hence I have not tried to renew my license.

I had problems and can't find event entries either so that is not working and I cannot use the old one either.

• Like 1

My missus has renewed without any issues.  I am not so lucky.  I am being asked for a medical (no idea why) and my application still shows as pending.  I would have thought it would have made more sense to make the change after all the registrations?  Or do other sports have different registration months?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rustyrider said:

Hi guy's , sorry to hear your having trouble renewing your licence, I had no trouble at all renewing my licence not checked weather  I have renewed my membership yet, used to be able to renew membership and licence together, maybe just lucky 

If you haven't got a valid 2023 club membership on the new site by 1st Jan, your licence will probably move to a status of invalid on that date

Hi

I am the Secretary of Eboracum MCC.

From an administrators perspective Sport 80 is a disaster. 

I have done my best to set up Club memberships, and am getting emails asking me to approve new memberships, so clearly some people have figured it out.  However, I can't tell if people have paid their membership or not, so am having to approve blind.

My permits & events sheduled through the old system for January do not appear to be carried forward to Sport 80, and I cant find any way of recreating them.  I have had to advise riders to enter on the day if they are having difficulty with memberships or licences.

ACU hav invited me to a Zoom metting on the 8th, but it is only a presentation, questions cannot be asked during the meeting.  Looking at the presentation topics permits and events don't seem to be scheduled.

What is particularly frustrating is the total lack of any training material for adminstrators.  We are being forced to experiment to get things going.  God knows what sort of problems we are setting ourselves up for in the future.

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have just had another go at login.  For some reason whilst my approval is "pending" I have just entered our club trial for 2/1/23.  So they have entered me for a trial next year but not taken off any moeny for my registraion or club fees.  Ho hum.  At least I am going to get a ride in the new year.

1 hour ago, stu109 said:

Hi

I am the Secretary of Eboracum MCC.

From an administrators perspective Sport 80 is a disaster. 

I have done my best to set up Club memberships, and am getting emails asking me to approve new memberships, so clearly some people have figured it out.  However, I can't tell if people have paid their membership or not, so am having to approve blind.

My permits & events sheduled through the old system for January do not appear to be carried forward to Sport 80, and I cant find any way of recreating them.  I have had to advise riders to enter on the day if they are having difficulty with memberships or licences.

ACU hav invited me to a Zoom metting on the 8th, but it is only a presentation, questions cannot be asked during the meeting.  Looking at the presentation topics permits and events don't seem to be scheduled.

What is particularly frustrating is the total lack of any training material for adminstrators.  We are being forced to experiment to get things going.  God knows what sort of problems we are setting ourselves up for in the future.

Stuart

To access, view or enter 2022 events, they are still processed on the old site and you haver to use this link to get to them.   https://www.ride-acu.uk/?  No 2022 events will appear on the new site

Club members have been able to renew their club membership directly on the sport80 site but the process doesn't seem defined and is erratic. As the site has no record of membership fee payment an email is sent to the club secretary asking them to approve the renewal which they can do if they have received the fee direct from the rider (although that's up to the club whether they approve with or without payment)

To renew club membership automatically a club needs to st up the web page portal which has a join club link and a stripe account, when the rider selects join club a payment form appears, rider inputs card details and payment is made to the club stripe account, the rider is transferred to the sport80 site and completes the renewal procedure . This doesn't involve emailing the secretary for approval as there is a record of the stripe payment

Problem with this is the stripe payment is received into the club's stripe account, minus fees, with no details of who sent it so there is no way of knowing who has sent the payment. It is also held by stripe for 7 days before they pay into the club bank account.  I set all this up on day 1 for my club and received 5 payments from riders but don't know who and was struggling to reconcile them against the membership statuses on my membership list - so I pulled it and am now trying to find out specifically what a rider has to do to renew directly on the sport80 site so that I can issue instructions and ask them to make payment straight to the club by normal bank transfer or paypal

Check your email from the ACU as there is a video presentation tonight at 7pm as well as Thursday

Thanks Woody - that is very interesting.  I scrapped Stripe for a work website as they were really difficult about verification of personal details for the "money laundering" that seems to be a US obsession.  Had similar issues with PayPal to be fair.  I am sure that big companies do not have to submit the CEO's passport details to get an account.

Hi

I've followed the instructions to set up a strip account as show in the "testing" video.  This now shows as "pending".  It would have been nice to have access to the testing system prior to launch, then we could have at least got it wrong in a test environment.

I have also set up the website page, which now does have a link to "renew membership", but I don't know how members find this and if I look at it in the "preview" link it says the "Club cannot take payments at this time".

Why are we all thrashing about in the dark trying to use this s**t pile with no proper training or support.  All this should have ben sorted out prior to making the system live.

Stuart

2 hours ago, ChrisCH said:

Thanks Woody - that is very interesting.  I scrapped Stripe for a work website as they were really difficult about verification of personal details for the "money laundering" that seems to be a US obsession.  Had similar issues with PayPal to be fair.  I am sure that big companies do not have to submit the CEO's passport details to get an account.

I think that the Stripe account is through a contract with Sport80 so maybe why it's easier to set up an account, but you need to set it up as an indivifual/sole trader, otherwise more questions may be asked and it becomes more difficult. I got onto Stripe support to see why my payments had no sender details but they said that's how they received them from Sport80. The Stripe transaction fee is also 2.5% plus 20p whereas normally it would be 1.4% plus 20p for UK cards. Stripe told me it's because of the custom plan that Sport80 have with Stripe for this platform - no idea if this is true but that's what he told me.  I raised an issue direct with Sport80 support to ask why there are no sender details on the payments - so far unanswered. They also take 4.6% I believe per transaction. I received £4.50 from a £5 membership fee

2 hours ago, stu109 said:

Hi

I've followed the instructions to set up a strip account as show in the "testing" video.  This now shows as "pending".  It would have been nice to have access to the testing system prior to launch, then we could have at least got it wrong in a test environment.

I have also set up the website page, which now does have a link to "renew membership", but I don't know how members find this and if I look at it in the "preview" link it says the "Club cannot take payments at this time".

Why are we all thrashing about in the dark trying to use this s**t pile with no proper training or support.  All this should have ben sorted out prior to making the system live.

Stuart

Can't hel[ with why your Stripe account is pending but that will be why you can't take payments at this time.  If you already had a club website, just put a link on it to your club sport80 page that you have just created. If you don't have a club website you can use the web address of the new one and put it in your club details on the Sport80 website as you web address. Members can then just copy and paste that address into their browser and it will open the page with your club membership - but once your stripe issues are resolved be prepared to receive payments with no sender details if you use it.