Hello from Kinross

McTrucky

Hello all,

I have just bought a 2009 Beta 250 two stroke (with the updated frame).  Never had a trials iron before, but not new to off roading, having raced moto-x, enduros etc back in the day.

Kind of bought the bike for a bit of fun, and possibly some competition.  I belive the Dunfermline club is fairly active, and is local to me.

Anyway, just saying hello before hitting you with a load of newbie questions...

33 minutes ago, McTrucky said:

Hello all,

I have just bought a 2009 Beta 250 two stroke (with the updated frame).  Never had a trials iron before, but not new to off roading, having raced moto-x, enduros etc back in the day.

Kind of bought the bike for a bit of fun, and possibly some competition.  I belive the Dunfermline club is fairly active, and is local to me.

Anyway, just saying hello before hitting you with a load of newbie questions...

Another club to consider is east neuk wobblers, great for starting out riders. They have a trial this Sunday at Drumcarrow, worth a visit. (Its fairly exposed at Drumcarrow, so plenty of clothes if your spectating ) 

Edited by b40rt
  • Thanks 1

Alright pal. Ive a similar background to you. Although I did have a TY175 back in the 1980's alongside the MX and road bikes. A few years back I bought a Beta 250 2009 but it got nicked along with my other bikes one night before I could really test it out. I left it a few years and now have a Sherco ST300 2020 I bought it this time last year but due to work commitments.  (Honestly though I wish I'd bought a pre 65trials for the same money but hey ho) I am yet to get it out I mean properly out not just up and down the road. So trials is new to me also to be fair. Alot of people know alot of stuff on this site and alot think they know a lot :D 

All the best pal.

Rocksteady