ACU licence

Fossibaer

Ha Ha I've renewed mine and had a confirmation email from ACU. 

But haven't paid anything yet?

I think when I enter my first trial through Sport 1980 it'll ask for it then.

Trying to enter a trial in the new year and the old system says I don't have a license but will let me enter if I pay £5 for a one event license

I've emailed the ACU for help

The old system worked fine for this end user (paying customer). Progress eh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theluckyone said:

Ha Ha I've renewed mine and had a confirmation email from ACU. 

But haven't paid anything yet?

I think when I enter my first trial through Sport 1980 it'll ask for it then.

Trying to enter a trial in the new year and the old system says I don't have a license but will let me enter if I pay £5 for a one event license

I've emailed the ACU for help

The old system worked fine for this end user (paying customer). Progress eh?

Ditto

I tried to renew first and am "pending".  The missus (at the same address) renewed without any issue at all.  We are both booked on the club trial on 2.1.23 even though I am pending.  The system has not taken any money off me for licence or club dues but took 20 quid for the trial.

Bit of a mess.

Hi

You need two licences one for solos and one for sidecars.

I am told there are some issues with the new club membership system, and it is currently being sorted out.

You need to renwew your club membership to get a valid licence.

Stuart

it's not a stuning roll out by us (the ACU)

the old system worked but it was old and getting unsupported

the new system hasn't been explained tot eh best extent to the the various club/centre offcials that have to roll it out to their club members, typically trials riders who want to ride 1/1/23 (we've got another 3-4 months for the mx/grass track and road racers to get near using it)

in short we've moved from using your licence number as the "unique" identifyer to your email address, this now means parents can enter their children, etc but it has created some issues.

the rider needs to *first* renew their club membership, but to do that their club needs to be ready to do this (by setting up a new "minisite" and registereing with a card provider) after first renewing their (the clubs) affliation with the ACU. *secondly* the rider can then then renew their licence (ther has for some time been seperate solo and sidecar trials licences). for a variety of reasons it seams very easy for a rider to press a button that is meant to mean they've paid the club cash, but they haven't yet done it, thus their licence is in some sort of limbo, letting them enter events, but at the same time they are going to be flagged inelligable for

there has been some video guides and a lot of help by a handfull of staff at the ACU, but there are a lot of clubsout threre, with a lot of volunters having to relearn/reinvent the wheel (when for a lot it wasn't broken) at breakneck speed, to get ready for 1/1/23. there have been a few zoom traning seminars that have been heavily attended (overwhemled?) indicating that a lot of help is needed for many outhere. We've percervered and got something working, not sure its all there, but we've had to make it all work before we've even got the user documentation, which is painfull to say the least. I'm very concerend that some club are saying that they are cancelling events/etc because they can't make it work.

i think in the medium term (a month or two) this will bed down and we'll get our head around it and some of the benifits of new funcationaly may pay off, i just feel we (as organsiers and riders) have got to get some events under our belt to findout how it works

1 hour ago, rabie said:

the rider needs to *first* renew their club membership, but to do that their club needs to be ready to do this (by setting up a new "minisite" and registereing with a card provider) after first renewing their (the clubs) affliation with the ACU. *secondly* the rider can then then renew their licence (ther has for some time been seperate solo and sidecar trials licences). for a variety of reasons it seams very easy for a rider to press a button that is meant to mean they've paid the club cash, but they haven't yet done it, thus their licence is in some sort of limbo, letting them enter events, but at the same time they are going to be flagged inelligable for

A club doesn't need to create the new web page/portal in order to allow members to join or renew. This is only needed if the club want members to join with automatic approval as payment is made directly to the club account via Stripe - hence the need to set up a stripe account with the portal. Members still have to go into their profile to complete the club affiliation process

Members can renew or join using the Club Affiliation category on their profile but they cannot pay the membership fee directly to the club this way, they have to pay by other means, cash, cheques, bank transfer etc. As Sport80 has no way of knowing whether a fee has been paid, a notification is sent to a club official by email of the request to join, the member will see their club membership status as Pending Approval. The email has Approve or Decline buttons, if the official is satisfied that the club membership fee has been paid they can approve the renewal, the member sees the status change to Current

There are four categories a member needs to complete on their profile to renew (for trials at least)

Club Affiliation,  Medical Questionnaire,  ACU Competition Licence,  Membership Details (it's this one where you check out and renew which takes you to the payment screen to pay the licence fee)

There is no validation that makes you complete all four or complete them in any order, so there are riders who have just completed the ACU Competition Licence category and received their 2023 licence by email, thinking they have a 2023 licence for free. This will become invalid on Jan 1st if the other categories are not complete and payment sent

I have just looked again at the site and my pending status.  The medical is not a questionaire - it asks for a doctor's certificate but the downloadable cert says only if you are over 70.  I also need an eyesight test for my road racing even though I am only trials registered.

The club affiliation is for "teams" and there is only on option in the drop down box.  It is road racing.

The thing does not seem to me to work very well, indeed it doesn't really "work".  Although I have booked in on our next club trial the events thing is not very good because the title of the event is too short.  It said "club trial" and the location gave it away, but it would be so much better if the club was in the title.

It is a mess.

10 hours ago, rabie said:

i think in the medium term (a month or two) this will bed down and we'll get our head around it and some of the benifits of new funcationaly may pay off, i just feel we (as organsiers and riders) have got to get some events under our belt to findout how it works

we dont have a month or two do we ? as ALL trials memberships run out on the 31st dec ! so how do we get a few events under our belt if you can NOT get a licence to enter said events ? as for  functionality if the members can not work it ? i wonder how much its cost the ACU  no sorry us the members for a system thats not fit for purpose ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisCH said:

I have just looked again at the site and my pending status.  The medical is not a questionaire - it asks for a doctor's certificate but the downloadable cert says only if you are over 70.  I also need an eyesight test for my road racing even though I am only trials registered.

The club affiliation is for "teams" and there is only on option in the drop down box.  It is road racing.

The thing does not seem to me to work very well, indeed it doesn't really "work".  Although I have booked in on our next club trial the events thing is not very good because the title of the event is too short.  It said "club trial" and the location gave it away, but it would be so much better if the club was in the title.

It is a mess.

My problems too, all summed up in your post

It's a complete mess, without prior warning to riders or clubs

ACU - you failed to plan and thus planned to fail with this new system............without explaining it to the Trial membership and Clubs

2 hours ago, ChrisCH said:

It is a mess.

Yes, the roll out is poor and the timing not good and it's not easy to use straight off but for various reasons the old site had come to its end and had to be replaced

The medical is a questionaire like it was on the old site, you don't need to download the forms for trials unlesss you have specific medical issues. Click on the CURRENT button which brings up the questionnaire and complete the process . It will go to PENDING APPROVAL when done as the ACU have to approve it

Club affiliation, your club details should be in there migrated from the old site, to renew 2023 membership click on the CURRENT button and complete the screens. It will go to PENDING APPROVAL until your club official approves it which they'll do from an email prompt, after you've paid membership fee. Then it will return to CURRENT with expiry of 2023.  If you use the ADD CLUB / TEAM AFFILIATION it will default to TEAM as you already have club. You don't use this to renew an existing membership

Same process for ACU licence and then Membership Details, click on CURRENT button and complete screens. It's the Membership Details category that has the link to renew/checkout and pay licence  fee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it helps, for my club I did a rough guide for members on how to renew their membership and licence. This was after playing with screens doing my own and using another rider's account to set his up so I could play a bit more. I can't attach the document but you can find it on my club website home page here  

https://www.staffordautotrialsclub.com/

On 12/13/2022 at 11:40 AM, woody said:

Yes, the roll out is poor and the timing not good and it's not easy to use straight off but for various reasons the old site had come to its end and had to be replaced

The medical is a questionaire like it was on the old site, you don't need to download the forms for trials unlesss you have specific medical issues. Click on the CURRENT button which brings up the questionnaire and complete the process . It will go to PENDING APPROVAL when done as the ACU have to approve it

Club affiliation, your club details should be in there migrated from the old site, to renew 2023 membership click on the CURRENT button and complete the screens. It will go to PENDING APPROVAL until your club official approves it which they'll do from an email prompt, after you've paid membership fee. Then it will return to CURRENT with expiry of 2023.  If you use the ADD CLUB / TEAM AFFILIATION it will default to TEAM as you already have club. You don't use this to renew an existing membership

Same process for ACU licence and then Membership Details, click on CURRENT button and complete screens. It's the Membership Details category that has the link to renew/checkout and pay licence  fee

Well I did it !!!!

Stu (from Ebor Club) emailed me a link and I tried it and allowed me to re-join my Club and then proceed to renew my 2023 Trials licence (and actually pay £20 for it) and I got a receipt from Stripe/ACU/Sport 80

Did the medical questionnaire & uploaded a new pic of myself and bingo, we're in for next year

Not easy though and I am pretty computer savvy

Edited by johnnyboxer