ACU licence

Fossibaer

I'm a 63 year old luddite. We did woodwork at school. Computer studies was something they were just starting to do at NASA not in UK secondary moderns.

I appreciate Rabie for fessing up but I am now so confused.

I did press the button for help on the new site and got a standard acknowledgement but no actual reply to my enquiry.

Hopefully our governing body can produce an "heroic recovery" in the next 17 days!

There is a fault on the sytem that means a medical questionnaire is requested for riders over 70.

This is not be needed,  and ACU are sorting out the problem.

Hopefully riders over 70 who have applied for their 2023 licence but have it pending awaiting the questionnaire will have the licence approved once the glitch is fixed.

Riders may find that if they attempt to enter a 2023 event online their entry is marked ineligible.  This seems to be because the licence checking routine is looking at this year's (i.e. 2022) licence and concluding the rider does not have a 2023 licence even if they do.  May well sort itself out automatically on the 1st January but not certain.

• Like 1

I have discovered that to be able to enter a 2023 event online riders must have:

1. A 2023 Club membership (affiliation).

2. A 2023 Trails Competition Licence (Registration)

3. A 2023 ACU Membership.

This third item will come as a surprise to many as this was largely invisible in the old system. Renewing your licence automatically renewed your ACU membership.

I think Sport 80 is supposed to operate in the same way, but it doesn't.

If you look at your Sport 80 profile "Member Details" shows your ACU membership status, "ACU Competitor Licences" your licence status, and "Club and Team affiliations" your club memberships.  All three of these must have an "Exp Date" of 2023 for you to be eligible to ride.

There are two ways to renew your Club membership (affiliation).

1. By paying the club directly, and then confirming your membership through Sport 80.  This is the equivalent of the unique code used in previous years.

2. By paying on-line.

To use method two the club must have enable online entries in sport 80.  Not all clubs have or will.

You cannot get to the on-line Club membership option through your Sport 80 profile.  If you use the Club and Team Affiliations tab (actions, three dots, edit) to renew, this assumes you are using option 1 above, and have already been approved as a member by the Club.  You will not be charged, and an email will be sent to the club for them to confirm you have paid.  Your club membership will be "pending" until the club have approved.

If your Club has enabled on-line membership payment/renewal, you need to navigate to their on-line membership web page within Sport 80.  I've no idea how you find this.  There is a suggestion in the blue waning text on if you use option 1 above, but the link referred too is blank.    I have put a link to our Club's (Eboracum MCC) on-line membership page on our general Club website.  Other Clubs may well have done the same.

Once you have sorted your Club membership (affiliation), you can move on to your licence.

It appears you can renew your licence in one of two ways:

1. Via the Member Details tab - (click Actions, three dots, edit)

2. Via the ACU Competitor Licences tab.

This is where I think there is a glitch in the system.  If you go via option 2 above, it looks as if you have renewed your licence (i.e. the Exp Date changes to 2023), but your ACU Membership remains at Exp Date 2022.  You may find you're not charged the £20 here and think you have got a free licence!

I think if you get your licence via option 1 above, both your Competition Licence and ACU Membership gets updated once you have paid your £20.

If you enter a 2023 event on-line and you do not have a 2023 Club membership (affiliation), a 2023 Competitor Licence - Trials Registration, and a 2023 ACU Membership with a membership type of "Trials Competitor", your entry will be ineligible.  You won't know this of course, because your entry is accepted and you will be charged the entry fee.

Administrators should note that, unlike the old system, riders without a valid Licence are not automatically charged for a one day licence, there are simply entered with a status of "ineligible".

I have also discovered there doesn't seem to be a way of allocating riders an actual rider number.

There does seem to be a way of adding a new rider to an event (which we used for unpaid rides for helpers).  This looks to be a two stage process in which the rider still needs to confirm their entry via Sport 80, but I couldn't figure out how it works.

Disappointingly, still no proper training materials around events despite repeated promises from the ACU.

Edited by stu109
Typo

If I log on as a Club official I can see a list of Club members (affiliates).

Next to some are labels showing, ADD, PREPAID and AUTORENEWAL.  I wonder if these are a flag to indicate that these Member's Details (ACU Membership) should be updated for 2023, possibly at the year end.

I also have a few Club members whose ACU Membership status already shows 2023, but I can't see why these are different from the rest.

The void created by the lack of information from the ACU is being filled by rumour and speculation.  Some of it from me I think!

Edited by stu109
typo

On 12/21/2022 at 11:58 AM, stu109 said:

Once you have sorted your Club membership (affiliation), you can move on to your licence.

It appears you can renew your licence in one of two ways:

1. Via the Member Details tab - (click Actions, three dots, edit)

2. Via the ACU Competitor Licences tab.

This is where I think there is a glitch in the system.  If you go via option 2 above, it looks as if you have renewed your licence (i.e. the Exp Date changes to 2023), but your ACU Membership remains at Exp Date 2022.  You may find you're not charged the £20 here and think you have got a free licence!

I have at last got my head round this.  The "membership details" in my mind are address and so on.  My address has not changed so I never looked at this bit.  My wife renewed her licence in membership details.  I tried to renew the licence in the "licence" section.  (It is a licence, not a membership).

It appears to me that you can only renew in the membership section.  Then go through to the rest for club affiliation etc.

This really is a bad and ill thought out system that is different enough from the old one that it tricks you.  I am sure that was not the intent but it is nevertheless the outcome.  My ride is booked for the 2nd so will have another play to make sure all is OK on the 1st.  I have at least now managed to pay.....

• Like 1

I think I may have finally sorted it. My problem was the lack of ability to renew a club membership and therefore nothing else worked. Finally I found a club where I could join and pay online (through the ACU) so I did that. Then I managed to renew my licence, or at least they took money off me. I'm still showing as "Lapsed"  but hopefully it will solve itself in a day or two. What a shambles!

Hi trapezeartist,

i do the same way today and i m succesful like you.Hope it is now ready.

Thank you all for your help,so i think i m not alone with the problem with the new sport 80 management.

Happy new year to all trialers and keep your feet up!

Fossibaer

On 1/1/2023 at 5:02 PM, Fossibaer said:

Hi trapezeartist,

i do the same way today and i m succesful like you.Hope it is now ready.

Thank you all for your help,so i think i m not alone with the problem with the new sport 80 management.

Happy new year to all trialers and keep your feet up!

Fossibaer

You're definitely not alone! I did get another email from the ACU (Sport 80) saying I had nothing more to do, so as far as I know I am now a fully-fledged ACU-licenced trials rider. Woo-hoo!

Mine is still showing as "pending" despite two contacts to support.  I am beginning to think I should delete the pending and start over.  The missus is also "pending" and her team affiliation ran out.  Our club sec submitted a big list of questions.  I can only imagine the ACU must now be flooded with questions and complaints and have little time to sort out individual queries.

16 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

You're definitely not alone! I did get another email from the ACU (Sport 80) saying I had nothing more to do, so as far as I know I am now a fully-fledged ACU-licenced trials rider. Woo-hoo!

Lucky you - They appear to have taken my money with a confirmation email, but I've since had two more emails saying my "Licence" has lapsed. I think me and the ACU are done, I can't be bothered.

Try

Logging in

Then members

Then competition license

Do you have a green or red blob where it says "status"

Click on the blob and check info correct  0-there are 2 pages so make sure you go to second one

You have to tick the agree box

This is where mine got hung up

best of luck

Hi

You need to ensure you have expiry dates of 31/12/23 for Club membership (look under the menu Club & Team Affiliations), Trials Registration (look under ACU Competitor Licences) and ACU membership (under Member Details).  Your ACU Membership need to have a Membership Type of Trials Competitor.

If not your licence is invalid, and you cannot enter events on-line.

You can change these by using the Actions (three dots) on th right.

Bear in mind there are two ways to renew your Club membership.  One where you pay online and the other where you pay the club direct and then confirm membership via sport 80 (email goes to the Club to approve).

I have found that a fair number of riders are using the second of these even though they have not paid the club.  The Club can approve or reject these requests, but there are no contact details provided. So, if a request is rejected there is no way the Club can advise the rider where they have gone wrong.

You can join our Club (Eboracum Motorcycle Club) on-iine - https://eboracummotorcycleclub.sport80-clubs.com/memberships/177/join

A bargain at just £10!

Stuart

Hi Stuart - thanks so much for your information posted on this subject.  You are much more helpful than the ACU.

I have just checked my status now you reminded me.  I am current as a member and my club membership is current and my status is trials.  However my licence is still "pending".  I have no idea in all honsesty whether I can ride or not.

Our club meet was on 2/1/23 and a lot of people also were not sure if they were OK or not.  My missus also shows "pending" on the licence section but has a wrist injury so is less stressed about it.  Our next meet (charity event) is in Feb so I really need to get sorted by then.   The email back from ACU confirmed no medical needed and to "ignore" it.  It is hard to ignore the "pending" (certainly more than once....)

Did you try clicking on your red icon below where it says status 

it takes you to another page 

not that there is any indication that it is there

there is a second page with a tick box you need to click 

Edited by jimmyl