Stripped head bolt

Kale155

31 minutes ago, Kale155 said:

Hi all , stripped one head bolt on beta 300 2t is helicoil the only answe for repair , 

Thanks 

hi ive fixed them in the past  before with helicoil  but if i remember they are a 7mm thread 

3 minutes ago, b40rt said:

Nothing wrong with correctly installed and loctited helicoils, lots of misinformation about them.

Couldn't agree more, used them loads of times and are standard fit on some applications that I can think of.  M7 kits are quite cheap but would stick with either Re-Coil or V-Coil for quality....  e.g.https://www.lawson-his.co.uk/recoil-35078-replaces-35070-pro-xl-m7-x-1-0-metric-coarse-thread-repair-kit   p.s shouldn't need loctiting either. IMHO

Edited by lsv
ps
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2022 at 7:59 PM, b40rt said:

Nothing wrong with correctly installed and loctited helicoils, lots of misinformation about them.

I am sure they are great sometimes.

But every time I come across one, it is when one falls apart or comes out on a bolt from something that has been previously repaired by someone else.

I find if they haven't been loctited then they just come out with the bolt every time you undo them

I find helicoils fragile to be honest , and much prefer thread inserts that are a solid one piece of metal

This is not misinformation, it is real life experience over decades

But , I am glad they work for some people 

Edited by djr
spelling