2021 TXT 300 GP rear shock question

Dropsix

I got this bike in September and absolutely love it. I couldn't find a thing wrong with it in fact, everything works so great and feels really good.

Out of my love for the bike, I decided since I weigh 230lbs that I need to do right by it and upgrade the rear spring to an 80. Well, I did and put it back together. Went out for a ride and found the rear to feel dead. Like I'd hear a thud hitting obstacles like the tire was flat. There also isn't any sag so maybe I went a little high on the preload.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I think static sag is supposed to be 10-15mm. Where do you measure that from, which two spots?

Thanks in advance!

Normal, is vertical rear wheel travel. The static sag can be 10-20mm, and loaded sag (with rider fully equipped in riding position) can be somewhere in region 40-50% of full rear wheel travel.  Measure to a convenient point at rear mudguard and center of rear spindle

• Like 1

If it was me, first I would put the old spring back in, to check that all is well - that nothing has been omitted or replaced incorrectly - especially the linkage.  Then, if all is ok then I would try another replacement spring, because it may be that the spring has not been properly tempered and so will not work correctly when installed in your bike.  

Edited by stpauls