Suzy Beamish RL ??

suzyboy

Hi all. New to this site and a bit of a techno dummy so lets hope I can use the site okay. 

So I have an issue with my Suzuki Beamish RL.  I have been advised the Beamish was made  in two models. The RL250 and the RL325.  Problem being my Suzuki Beamish has a period decal either side that looks original, that states it's an RL350.  So, does anyone know if the beamish was made as a 350 please.

Suzy B6.JPG

Whipped off the head after clearing exhaust and air box out of my way. The piston measures approx 82mm diameter. Going to carefully clean up piston and see if it has any details stamped into it. I shall report my findings if anything found

• Like 1

12 hours ago, woody said:

Someone has just made a 350 sticker up. They were 322cc badged as an RL325, 82mm is an oversize piston

Thank you for your thoughts. The badge just looks original so through me. Satisfied now that my Suzy B is a RL325 with a dodgy decal .

It's just what some people do, the oversize 82mm piston gives about 340cc so someone has made a 350 decal for it. Some do it for the TY250 Yamaha when an oversize 70mm piston is fitted, they have a 270 decal made for it

I may be a little old fashioned but when a multi million ££ company develops a machine and plough millions into getting it right, why would someone with a  couple of hundred quid spare think they can improve it for the better ??  just my thoughts :)   Like people who put stickers on cars :)  I do think you may be right though. 

33 minutes ago, suzyboy said:

I may be a little old fashioned but when a multi million ££ company develops a machine and plough millions into getting it right, why would someone with a  couple of hundred quid spare think they can improve it for the better ??  just my thoughts :)   Like people who put stickers on cars :)  I do think you may be right though. 

Maybe one of the gudgeon pin clips came loose and put a big groove in the bore and it needed a 2.0 mm oversize re-bore to clean up the bore so they could keep riding it?

On 1/17/2023 at 10:19 AM, suzyboy said:

Motorcycling history is characterised by owners carrying out modifications, some minor and some major.

Sometimes this even leads to factories adopting changes.