2022 weight and 2023 weight... weird

NAD1

So, everything we've seen from Sherco (and Scorpa) is that there is a load of weight savings on the 2023 bikes - 4.95kg we're told.

Just seen the new download for the 2023 bikes and the weight 66.95kg 

Yet the 2022 bikes were (so we're told) just shy of 70kg

Where have the other 2kg's gone? 

The new 2023 certainly doesn't look lighter.    I think the 2022's were the best looking bike of all time (Especially the factory and Fajardo replicas) I'm not sure why but on the 2023 it looks like the backend is now fatter(?) and overall less lean and ready to pounce😆.   I'm hoping they look better in person, but im finding it hard to get as excited about the new Sherco vs the new Gasgas and others.  

18 hours ago, mickl said:

The new 2023 certainly doesn't look lighter.    I think the 2022's were the best looking bike of all time (Especially the factory and Fajardo replicas) I'm not sure why but on the 2023 it looks like the backend is now fatter(?) and overall less lean and ready to pounce😆.   I'm hoping they look better in person, but im finding it hard to get as excited about the new Sherco vs the new Gasgas and others.  

Having seen the Scorpa in the flesh at Sheffield the whole engine area looks tiny which possibly makes the rest look a bit bulky.
But I do agree with you. They have to keep the width though otherwise would be awful and unstable.