2020 Montesa 4rt 260 Map Switch

gazzaecowarrior

Could anybody tell me what map 1 and map 2 are best suited for. I've ridden both modes on the same section and can't notice any difference. On my Beta 300 2t the map switching positions are very noticeable on how the bike performs.

Also where have people repositioned this switch? I seem to constantly knock it into map 2. I think my lanyard is hitting it. I saw one mont where the map switch was neatly mounted on the radiator hose by the kickstart tip 

I sold my 4RT a few years ago but the service manual said Mode 1 (press small button) is for dry terrain.  Mode 2 (press big button) is for wet terrain.   I really could not tell any difference and removed the switch entirely, which locks the ECU in dry mode. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found that the map switch didn't seem to make a lot of a difference for me tell I swapped out the throttle tube from the black/slow to a white/fast tube.  At that point the difference between the wet and dry map settings became much more noticeable in my option. 

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonnyc21 said:

I found that the map switch didn't seem to make a lot of a difference for me tell I swapped out the throttle tube from the black/slow to a white/fast tube.  At that point the difference between the wet and dry map settings became much more noticeable in my option. 

Hope that helps.

My mate who had four 4rts in a row said to fit a fast throttle too. I may try the one off my beta and see how it rides.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gazzaecowarrior said:

Here is a photo of the switch mounted on a coolant hose. I just wonder if the heat will damage the switch or cause issues1188873285_Screenshot_20230203-0750052.png.6d5a3e05f1ac212e74ea220e555f8749.png

I am on a 2017 Montesa 300 RR, put mine on the coolant hose right from the start and haven't had any issues with damage yet.  I can't recommended following my lead but its working for me and I plan to keep it this way unless something unexpected happens.  Good luck. 

PS. I rotated my switch up so it is less likely to get bumped by my leg or a crash. 

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Thanks 1