New to trials: Sherco or Beta?

Xtrem

Been riding dirtbikes for more than 20 years, considering a used trial bike to improve the technical aspect. 

2013 Sherco 3.0 with 40 hours 

2015 Beta EVO 300 with around 30 hours

Both in excellent condition, same price actually. Which would you choose? In a perfect world I’d pick a 250 but none available where I live. 

I would personally go with the bike that has the best parts supply and service. This can vary from country to country as some of the importers are small in terms of the range and volume of parts they keep in stock. I changed from two different manufacturers simply because of lack of customer service in terms of product knowledge and parts kept in stock.

• Like 1

Hi Xtrem, Beta for me, power should be softer if your thinking of a 250 then I believe the Sherco may be a bit savage. Also I believe the 2013 Sherco was early version when they put the fuel tank under the seat which may be difficult to get carburation right on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, melba26 said:

Hi Xtrem, Beta for me, power should be softer if your thinking of a 250 then I believe the Sherco may be a bit savage. Also I believe the 2013 Sherco was early version when they put the fuel tank under the seat which may be difficult to get carburation right on.

Thanks for your input. Any idea if you can tame these beasts with different throttle cams/lower compression heads?

Yep, 2013 has inverted fuel tank and non repackable silencer. They run crap when new, nevermind 10 years old. Im sure it sounds horrendous now with that exhaust. Possibly the worst bike made in the last 20 years

Edited by faussy