Beta factory radiator

monteeman

Hi, now I believe that these are held in place at the top with a grommet into the frame. Mine was held by a couple of zip ties I've taken the rad out to find this , see pic. I presume something has snapped off , anyone know.? 

Also the lower mounts, how are they attached to the rubber mounts??. Anyone got a clear photo showing this please. 

Thanks for your help, I hope. 

Also, just to add, why do they insist on using cap head bolts with a consistency of cheese?

IIRC, there is a hole in the frame that takes a grommet similar to a grommet that protects wires going though sheet metal.  That post on top slips up into the grommet.  See item 12.  I had a 14 model that did not line up well, was hard to get into place and tended to break the grommet over time so I can see why someone would use tie wraps.  After a few replacements the grommet stopped breaking on me.  Bolts go into rubber bottom mounts,

See link.

https://ibb.co/2KfTv3j

Ahh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

The lower silent block rubbers, I take it they should have some sort of insert for the lower mounting bolt?. Mine don't have that, and I'm not sure how I'm gonna get these off, as the thread from the rubber side, which goes thru the downtube is sticking thru about 10mm, and it's all rusted. I'd presume they just unscrew through downtube, but there's nothing to grip other than the rubber, which would surely just shear ?

Confused.com

16766541325342806940290472517105.jpg

yep, it was basically a couple of zip ties and the hoses holding it in place. 

the joys of buying 2nd hand, im going right through thisb  bike, so far ive found missing suspension bushings, missing bolts, bolts seized into the top of the airbox (bike is only 2 years old FFS).

Once i get this fixed , and supension linkages rebuilt with new bearings etc (never sniffed grease since new by looks of it......)

i will move on to engine. 

got to say, compared to my 4rt the build quality on this thing is shocking

Edited by monteeman