Montesa 4rt Wheels

gazzaecowarrior

I'm thinking about getting a spare wheelset. I see jitsie are currently doing them. My current bike is a 2020 4rt 260 with the tech forks. Obviously a set of wheels is a major investment. What I want to know is will these wheels fit newer 4rt 260's and 301rr if I decide to change or upgrade my bike. Most of these have showa forks. Will I simply be able to fit the original spacers from any possible new montesa into the new jitsie wheels? I wouldn't bother investing in the wheels if they are not transferable.

All 4rt where’s fit front and back

There is spacer on latest showa models you could buy or get made 

I even think the inners race of a wheel bearing is correct size.

I have an early 315 or possibly earlier front as my practice wheel - I have 3 sets- it has bigger hub 6 bolts for disc but still fits - had to get correct disc but had wheel for peanuts.

post 2000 315 wheels fit but need to get correct 315 sprocket and disc as have extra bolts to mount them .

Might give you a few more options 👍👍

Edited by jimmyl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimmyl said:

All 4rt where’s fit front and back

There is spacer on latest showa models you could buy or get made 

I even think the inners race of a wheel bearing is correct size.

I have an early 315 or possibly earlier front as my practice wheel - I have 3 sets- it has bigger hub 6 bolts for disc but still fits - had to get correct disc but had wheel for peanuts.

post 2000 315 wheels fit but need to get correct 315 sprocket and disc as have extra bolts to mount them .

Might give you a few more options 👍👍

Thanks Jimmy. Very informative.