2013 Evo 300 front wheel not aligned in the center of forks

katoom400

Buddy just picked up a 2013 Evo 300 and we went riding for the first time yesterday.  the front wheel is visibly offset to the left when looking at the front of the bike.  However. the fender is in the middle between the fork legs but the wheel is well offset to the left.  Is this normal?  We did check to make sure the axle was tight and it was so I don't know how we could get the wheel centered as the rotor also seemed lined up in the caliper?

Never mind the bollocks.  Before you do anything else at all: 

First SLACKEN OFF the clamp bolts on the triple trees (holding the fork tubes). 

Then loosen the fork brace/mudguard stay. 

Loosen off the wheel spindle nut too.

Next twist the wheel, while holding on to the handlebars. 

Finally, when they look about right, retighten everything.    

Edited by stpauls
  • Like 2

Both replies above are correct, depending on what you mean by offset, i.e. does the wheel point straight ahead but is closer to one fork leg than the other, or is the wheel in the centre of the fork legs but point of at a angle?

I had the same thing with my Beta. It wasn't out by a lot so I taught myself not to look at it and worry.

My assumption was that the wheel had been laced with a bit of an offset. Loosening all the spokes on one side and tightening on the other should have fixed it, but with no experience of wheel-building I could have made it a whole lot worse. So I left it.

8 hours ago, faussy said:

Both replies above are correct, depending on what you mean by offset, i.e. does the wheel point straight ahead but is closer to one fork leg than the other, or is the wheel in the centre of the fork legs but point of at a angle?

It is visibly offset (not at an angle) to the right side.  

2 hours ago, katoom400 said:

It is visibly offset (not at an angle) to the right side.  

It has most likely be respoked (possibly due to a bent rim) at some point and someone did a bad job. If the spindle spacers were wrong your disc wouldnt line up in the caliper

Edited by faussy

• 2 weeks later...