Gas gas txt pro 2012 clutch drag!

Once again another gasser clutch drag problem! 
Sorry for a post on this topic as I’ve seen it crop up a few times already! 

I’ve read through everything I can find and done all the checks,

new clutch pack ✔️ 

re bleed with mineral oil ✔️ 

correct adjustment on master cylinder✔️

Clutch pack measuring within tolerance (9.9)✔️ 

light gear oil no atf✔️

I did read about replacing seals on the slave? I don’t appear to be loosing any oil from the clutch system into the engine itself so I don’t think this is my problem but I may replace just to eliminate! Does anybody have a link to the exact parts I would need please? 

Other than that I’m running out of ideas? Any help would be massively appreciated?

Clutches on new trials bikes don't USUALLY drag.  However as the bike gets a bit older, many/most trials bike clutches drag when the engine is cold.  They usually stop dragging when the engine warms up.  But, some will drag when the engine gets really hot, then ease off as it cools down to more normal operating temperatures.  It must be due to fine tolerances, wear and adjustment.

Have you tried the Beta clutch fix?  

On 4/15/2023 at 3:44 PM, lineaway said:

The Beta clutch fix has nothing to do with a gasser. You need to have the finger height correct, which will give it more throw. Also atf is more likely to help with the clutch drag.

The Beta Clutch Fix works for Gasgas too.  Best read the article.

The Beta clutch fix is marginal at best. The Beta actually needed a shim to work properly. The Jap riders had been doing that for decades. The clutch on the Pro was a mess for years. Cleaning glue from plates had nothing to do with its problems. Just so happened I was a trials dealer through those Happy Days!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On bikes with clutch packs of six fiber plates like Betas and Shercos the clutch fix improves the clutch action significantly in a lot of bikes. Your GasGas clutch has a much smaller pack due to the use of a diaphragm spring so the Beta clutch fix will have less of an effect. Like all bikes it's critical to make sure the clutch mechanism provides all the expected throw (pushes the pressure plate the correct distance) but the diaphragm clutch is also sensitive to where that throw occurs in the transfer curve of the spring. So as lineaway said you have to set the height of the mechanism correctly or it will never quite work right.