I’m at the deep end

Frazwario

Absolutely wet behind the ears but a quick learner! Bought a absolute dog of a bike a couple of weeks ago so what I have after a few weeks is 

1994 Beta Techno 

The exhaust is good 👍🏻 

mmm it’s starts ok 👍🏻 

kill switch works 

clutch not so good 

gearbox oils staying where it belongs not so good l! 

So I bought the ole dog a few weeks ago, and have been on a journey ever since ! 

i

Ive  replaced the front exhaust manifold, and gasket , new radiator and fan ( fan needs to be wired up) I’ve fitted new thermostat to the head , new O rings to the head and to exhaust system. New chain guards and tensioners  

So got it running today clutch is shot and it is p****** oil out of the gearbox. So my journey begins now,I’ve drained the oil which was quite metallic?? And I’ll strip the engine out tomorrow. Any help appreciated 

5 hours ago, Frazwario said:

Absolutely wet behind the ears but a quick learner! Bought a absolute dog of a bike a couple of weeks ago so what I have after a few weeks is 

1994 Beta Techno 

The exhaust is good 👍🏻 

mmm it’s starts ok 👍🏻 

kill switch works 

clutch not so good 

gearbox oils staying where it belongs not so good l! 

So I bought the ole dog a few weeks ago, and have been on a journey ever since ! 

i

Ive  replaced the front exhaust manifold, and gasket , new radiator and fan ( fan needs to be wired up) I’ve fitted new thermostat to the head , new O rings to the head and to exhaust system. New chain guards and tensioners  

So got it running today clutch is shot and it is p****** oil out of the gearbox. So my journey begins now,I’ve drained the oil which was quite metallic?? And I’ll strip the engine out tomorrow. Any help appreciated 

What do you need help with?

Is it normal to have metal swarf on the magnetic sump plug? 

How to I go about diagnosing the clutch issue ? 

And is it a good easy enough job to split engine to allow gasket replacement on gearbox ? 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Frazwario said:

Is it normal to have metal swarf on the magnetic sump plug? 

How to I go about diagnosing the clutch issue ? 

And is it a good easy enough job to split engine to allow gasket replacement on gearbox ? 

Thanks in advance 

If it's a grey , fine paste on the sump plug  - yes. If you can feel anything - no.

1 hour ago, Frazwario said:

Is it normal to have metal swarf on the magnetic sump plug? No. If you want help on here, post a photo of the swarf.

How to I go about diagnosing the clutch issue ? If you want help on here, say what it is doing wrong.

And is it a good easy enough job to split engine to allow gasket replacement on gearbox ? If you mean the crankcase centre gasket, not that easy. If you mean clutch cover gasket, yes easy.

Thanks in advance