125 Gasser not running right

dib-dab

Spoiler

Evening all, was hoping someone might be able to shed a little light on a problem with my sons 125. Its a 2019 125 and after about 30 mins of running it runs rough and won't go. 

I have had the carb off stripped and cleaned it all a couple of times now with no improvement. I have replaced the seal on the bottom of the choke plunger also. 

It runs for about half an hour absolutely perfect then starts to struggle and run rough. Won't rev etc. If I take the plug out its all black and sutted up. I cleaned it off again today and it still wouldn't go. Last time it was out, it did the same thing and we put a fresh plug in it and it went again. Its only a quick fix solution though as next time it does the same again.

I was thinking possibly CDI?? 

Has anyone else had the same thing or able to point me in a direction as to what else to have a look at. 

Thankyou kindly in advance. 

47 minutes ago, johnsandywhite said:

Most likely the CDI. We went through 6 x CDI's on our Granddaughters 2021 125 GG.

Thanks for the reply

Wow. Did you ever get to the bottom of what was causing it?

Dodgy CDI's ?? 

3 minutes ago, johnsandywhite said:

We think it might be the cables and connections being damp/wet and changing the resistance/voltage rectifier and blowing the CDI's.

Ok thanks. 

I will have a good look over the wires on mine whilst I am doing. 

Hi, couple of things I suggest checking

It the petrol tank breather working ok, this can give running problems after running ok for a period.

Is the fan working or is it getting very hot after period of running.

Sorry can't help with electrical issues.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, melba26 said:

Hi, couple of things I suggest checking

It the petrol tank breather working ok, this can give running problems after running ok for a period.

Is the fan working or is it getting very hot after period of running.

Sorry can't help with electrical issues.

Thanks for your reply. Will check these out also to rule out any potential issues. 

🙏