MONTESA 348 MRR

baz348

I own a 1976 348MRR, the bike is a low engine and frame number , when I purchased the bike in 1979 it had and still has a cream coloured seat , I have never seen one the same but it looks original, any ideas ??

20180513_160840.jpg

Regarding the seat, my query is has anybody seen a bike with the same colour  seat, the bike has had very little use from new so it seems strange somebody would recover the seat,  the bins are also collectors items 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turbofurball said:

No, that looks aftermarket.  Quite possibly the original owner didn't like the factory rubber seat for some reason

The original 348 seat is made of a foam core with a sewn black vinyl cover and has a very similar shape to the odd-coloured seat in baz348's photo.

After the 348, Montesa went to using naked black rubber seats on their trials bikes.

4 hours ago, feetupfun said:

The original 348 seat is made of a foam core with a sewn black vinyl cover and has a very similar shape to the odd-coloured seat in baz348's photo.

After the 348, Montesa went to using naked black rubber seats on their trials bikes.

I thought after posting that that may have been the case but it was too late by then, lol

• Like 1