Two Bikes in a Partner/berlingo

smith335

Hi Everyone

I have a Peugeot Partner van L1 swb 2017 model with the the bulk head in .

What I would like to know is ...could I fit two bikes in ? has any one got pics of this?

Defo get one in, as I currently get my sons beta rev 3 125 in there,  and I would like to get my self a bike now.

hope some one can shed some light on this, and sorry if its been done a million times before..

cheers

s-l500 (10).jpg

20230527_113002.jpg

• Sad 1

I'm sure it can be done if the rear footwell was available, both bikes pointing forward with the front wheels dropped into the footwell on full lock.

You could try lining up one bike against the van wall in this position and see if it leaves room for another.

Hi

Thanks for your comments.

There is no access to where the rear foot wells would be , as the bulkhead is in the way and the floor extends over it a bit.

I did think about a carrier on the back , which would solve the issue , but will cost more for the rack and the tow bar and electrics.

and i would rather have the bikes out of sight in the van....

I don't know if it's of any interest, but I have a custom made bike rack for sale which has different removable arms to cater for different wheel base lengths for trials and enduro bikes. It's very solid. 

If you would like some more details and photo's,please PM me your direct e mail address and I can send you some.

£40 collected from Leeds area, due to weight.  

Another way to reduce the height of the bike without rotating the bars down is to use a ratchet strap under the fork leg/axle and up over the yoke to compress the forks down just while you’re travelling. That should give you space to move the bike in the pic over to the right a bit more and a bit more upright, and obviously second bike mirror image, possibly in back wheel first. Try to find a mate or friendly rider with a bike at a trial or practice area to have a go as a test. Good luck.

On 6/9/2023 at 10:00 PM, feetupsbetter said:

Another way to reduce the height of the bike without rotating the bars down is to use a ratchet strap under the fork leg/axle and up over the yoke to compress the forks down just while you’re travelling. That should give you space to move the bike in the pic over to the right a bit more and a bit more upright, and obviously second bike mirror image, possibly in back wheel first. Try to find a mate or friendly rider with a bike at a trial or practice area to have a go as a test. Good luck.

Sounds like a good idea, i shall give it a go...

Many thanks