Build Quality

euan1

I use my bike 2-3 times a week then ride at weekend, so its not mollycoddled,have plenty of crashes, what its for i suppose! its difficult to be subjective on build quality because some bike are used once a month or less. i realise that some bikes are a bit better built, probably Beta are a bit better, and also Monts,

but for ease of riding it takes a lot to better a Gasser. My wife was even threatening divorce if i did'nt change to a Beta after all the aggro from the Gas Gas's I've had, but i still ride one. Not sure if thats loyalty or stupidity!! ;)

Edited by gasgasian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my beta ive done about 7 foot on to a flat and about 5.5ft landing down a slope. all is fine on it and my mates mont does the same. Nobody rides where we do on a gasser coz theres only 3 of us. The pampera did do a bit too much and has such good bits on it especially brakes and forks it was a shame the frame snapped, didnt mean to cause a stir, it just happened.

Off topic but would a rider be allowed to ride a pampera in the SSDT as they are pretty much a trials bike with a lot of plastics on???????

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone noticed how much gasgas bikes are selling for on ebay lately ? .. wonder why so low ?... after all they are a cracking bike even if the build quality isnt first class.

Edited by daggs888

I have no right to chime in on this one but feel compeled to,I myself am checking on Gas Gas quality of the mid 90's model's,just because I don't know jack about Gassers and have found a few deals, and am thinking about buying one. But the thing I "DO" know for a fact!(non-relevant)in 04 at Spirit Mountain when Dougie lost traction and "Splattered" the wall of death,his steering stem broke!(not Montesa build quality)I was less than 10ft.away taking pics.I don't know why I just "HAD"to add. :thumbup: